HPP Simulation - Out of business?
2 2

23 posts in this topic

Do any of you know if HPP is out of business?  I placed an order for pedals 7 weeks ago and I just simply wanted to get an update.  I've emailed [email protected] and [email protected] multiple times, within the past 2 weeks and haven't received any response.  The last of my emails were actually kicked back, stating my email was blacklisted.  I then emailed from another account and never got the undelivered response, but I never got a response from HPP either.  I have also tried calling their number, listed on the website, numerous times without success.  The phone rings then appears to go to a fax machine.  I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the lack of communication and the $1300 they've already deducted from my credit card.  I've been screwed over by people in the past and this doesn't give me a good feeling.  Thanks!

58 minutes ago, StealthTT said:

Do any of you know if HPP is out of business?  I placed an order for pedals 7 weeks ago and I just simply wanted to get an update.  I've emailed [email protected] and [email protected] multiple times, within the past 2 weeks and haven't received any response.  The last of my emails were actually kicked back, stating my email was blacklisted.  I then emailed from another account and never got the undelivered response, but I never got a response from HPP either.  I have also tried calling their number, listed on the website, numerous times without success.  The phone rings then appears to go to a fax machine.  I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the lack of communication and the $1300 they've already deducted from my credit card.  I've been screwed over by people in the past and this doesn't give me a good feeling.  Thanks!

Try posting a message on their Facebook page. Worryingly though they haven't posted anything themselves since June. By the sounds of it you're right to be concerned. 

20 hours ago, Jeremy.Ford said:

Try posting a message on their Facebook page. Worryingly though they haven't posted anything themselves since June. By the sounds of it you're right to be concerned. 

I appreciate the reply.  I unfortunately, don't have a Facebook account.  So looks like I'll have to create one, just to send them a message.  

EDIT:   Good news, they are not out of business.  I saw that they had updated their Facebook page last night.  So I called them again today and got the low down.  Mark put my worries at ease.  It appears my pedals are done and on their way.  So that's a plus.  Just wish the communication was a bit better, for us paranoid folks.   He seemed like a real cool guy, once I got a hold of him. :)

Edited by StealthTT
Update

Hi StealthTT,

Have you received your pedals yet? I also order some accesories from HPP. I email them before I place the order and Mark replied within the same day and told me that all items were in stock. But after I place the order on the 19th Sept. There was no update since except the charge on my credit card! No reply of my email, and phone call also go to the fax line!

Anyone know the best way to contact them?

I actually received my package today.

Mark send my order via UPS ground instead of UPS Express that I paid. That cost me an extra $60 of brokerage fee that is included with any UPS Express shipment (I am in Canada). I'll ask Mark for refund of the brokerage fee!

As for the pedal. I have to say wow! What a breast, I trim 5 seconds off my lap time the 1st time I use it even without a heel rest! (I had a piece of wood under my heel). Can't wait to get home and install the heel rest and see how much fester I can get! The quality of built and finish is second to none. Nothing in the market today could touch it. The pedals feel exactly like a highly track modified Mazda Miata (This is the only real track car I had driven!!)

I would never by from them just due to their shit service, communication, and shady shipping.  Wouldn't trust them at all.

Only a matter of time before guys get the shaft for real from this company.  The fact that prior to you paying he would email back and forth then the moment you paid no communication.....forget that.

You don't do business like that.  Thanks for your story here....saves a lot of us the hassle.

12 hours ago, jeffery ford said:

I would never by from them just due to their shit service, communication, and shady shipping.  Wouldn't trust them at all.

Only a matter of time before guys get the shaft for real from this company.  The fact that prior to you paying he would email back and forth then the moment you paid no communication.....forget that.

You don't do business like that.  Thanks for your story here....saves a lot of us the hassle.

Now wait just one minute I am one of Marks Customers and he has never, never had shit service, in fact he is one of the few business I can call with issues regarding my pedals and he continues to call back and assist with not only my pedals but others.  I dont know what your beef is with HPP and frankily I dont care but I am here to tell you that in no uncertain terms HPP is a fantastic business and his pedals are well worth the price of admission.

12 hours ago, jeffery ford said:

2 hours ago, Brian Greenlee said:

Now wait just one minute I am one of Marks Customers and he has never, never had shit service, in fact he is one of the few business I can call with issues regarding my pedals and he continues to call back and assist with not only my pedals but others.  I dont know what your beef is with HPP and frankily I dont care but I am here to tell you that in no uncertain terms HPP is a fantastic business and his pedals are well worth the price of admission.

I dont have a beef with them.  Nor did I say their pedals were good or bad.  I assume they are good.  I was referring to the service, lack there of, as stated by the two posters above.  Sounds like he actually blocked one of the guys email accounts and flat out didn't respond to the others.  

Maybe this was a first time thing, but judging from two separate individuals with the same story based around service and communication I'd say steer clear.  There are many options available without having to worry like the OP was.  

16 minutes ago, ThomasTM said:

I am afraid that Jeffery ford may be right, I still didn’t heard anything back from Mark! Smell like the same pattern as Rinoseat before they gone!

30 years of federal law enforcement experience here.  This smells like shit.  

It's not the first time I've heard about these things with that HPP guy.

He's got issues, no doubt. It's obviously more likely you can get in trouble with guys doing business this way...and it doesn't matter if there are a hundred guys raving about him and his pedals...trying to get in touch with him on FB...where the f** are we?

Just buy elsewhere.

Hey all,

I did receive my pedals.  First off, they are awesome and in my opinion, second to none.  I'm glad I ordered and received them.  However, would I do business with HPP again?  I'm not so sure, as I was biting my nails there for a bit and wondering if I should be opening a case with my credit card company.  As you know, I just had an extremely hard time reaching them.  When I spoke to him on the phone, it seemed like he never got any of my emails or saw any of my calls come through  (he mentioned email was the best way to get a hold of him).  So that's a major problem, especially when it seems like either his email hosting provider or I'd hate to say it, he was blocking my emails.  He doesn't have voicemail or an answering machine for his phone.  So it just drops into a FAX dial/negotiation.  I don't speak FAX machine, nor do I even own one.  So that doesn't help me get in contact with him.  

I have no issues waiting for custom a product.  I do it all of the time with buying parts for my real car.  I have patience.  For example, a few years ago, I spent $3k and waited over 6 months for a hood to be built.  But you know what?  The company building the hood, was in contact with me the entire time.  They sent pictures of the progress and provided updates w/o me asking.  That's great communication!  When someone is plunking down some serious cash for these, all we want is good communication/updates and a warm fuzzy feeling, that we're not about to be bent over the table.  I would've been happy with an automated email every week, saying "we're stilling working on your pedals".  But, I didn't get that here. 

There's "excuses" to be made of course, i.e. that he's the only guy in the company and that he has another full time job.  Add in a family and free time goes to shit and things can become overwhelming.  I totally get it, as I'm in the same boat.  When I spoke to him, I didn't get the sense that he's the type to screw anyone over.  He seemed really nice and willing to help out.  At this point, I'd like to believe that he's just overworked and is failing at communication with his customers.  But communication is a massive part of running a business.  I run my own business and if I had customers having trouble getting a hold of me, they would go else where and it wouldn't exist.

Anyways, my rant is over and hopefully this helps either HPP or potential buyers with expectations.

At this point only an idiot would send this man money.  Sure the pedals are great. But there is ZERO EXCUSE in not having at minimum email communication.  

A defintie NO to doing business with his business model.  

Edited by jeffery ford

Guess he can't afford it, but one way to avoid all this if you can't or don't want to talk to your customers is just building the pedals and sell them when ready without taking a deposit.

Edited by Thirsty

Jeffery you are so full of it, I can't believe some of the statements you make here and on the iRacing forums.

I'm 66 years old and have dealt with numerous companies in my life time and Mark has some of the very best service I have even encountered. He even takes care of customers who bought his pedal 2nd hand. I've had my PRX's for 2 1/2 years and Mark has always been very quick to answer any question I had. Unlike you I am a customer and know about his service first hand.

You got hammered on the iRacing forums for saying he had bad customer service by many happy customers of his, but don't talk about that here. Oh wait a minute, I forgot you are an authority on everything.

BTW have you even seen the building that houses his Sim business and his other business? He's not going anywhere.

Personally i think these kind of threads are good for both parties,,,,, ,,, For the business end they get to hear were they might need to improve certain aspects of their business,,,,

And for consumer end they get to hear (in these cases) why the hell their pedals are taking forever ,,lol ,,in all seriousness though it sounds like they need to sort their communication skills out some what...

And as for tracking numbers,,,you just gotta have tracking,,,damn that's half the fun stalking your item whilst it travels halfway round the world getting closer day by day,,,stalking the postie is one of my favourite past times ,, :) 

How interesting. My order with him and the communication before and after was excellent.

He gave me two updates about status of building and expected shipping - and responded to all three of my questions/emails all within 1-2 days. I asked for a pdf or the foot print so I could have my rig ready for them. He literally sent me that the same day. I purchased my set in Jan and received them this week. For me it's been a good experience. 

Good to see that these threads has got him back to giving good service. Good to hear he has turned it around since a few months ago. His reputation was beginning to go South. It only takes a few guys like at the beginning of this thread to get a bad rep. Good to hear he is doing better. 

Without doubt Mark at HPP is one of the best out there, I've found his service to be second to none, in fact in the past he's even sent me little updates for free and paid for shipping. 

Sometimes with a small sim businesses it can be a real challenge to get everything right 100% of the time, especially when issues and life priorities get in the way with a deluge of emails to try and keep on top of.