BenQ XR3501 Problem
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I recently moved Sim Racing setup into my garage (it’s air condition Just like being in the house)

Nothing was dropped or changed. The only thing that changed was physical location.

I have 3 Ben-q XR3501’s. All three have worked fine for the past year+. Now I have a problem I can’t figure out. When a game is executed all 3 monitors switch off. Ok so I check the games resolution everything is fine. It is correct. Then I proceed to try again same thing. I changed from full screen mode to windowed mode and same thing again. So now I’m thinking video card or power supply on my PC. I switch out PC’s to have the same exact problem.

I have routed and re-routed cables to be far apart from one another. Same problem

Ok so now I replace all the Display Port cables. Same problem again. Is it possible the power supplies going to the monitor all went bad?

The power delivered to PC & monitors is coming from two different outlets.

All 3 monitors work 100% fine not running a game.

PC 1 card 1080ti – i7-Kaby Lake 4.2 – 1000watt power supply

PC 2 card 1080 – i7-SkyLake 4.0 – 750watt power supply

When running only one monitor I still get the same problem. Which makes me think monitor and/or power supply for monitor but what are the chances of all the 3 monitors/power supplies for monitors going out at the same time?

I am truly stumped!

Are they turning off, or do they display "no video signal" briefly before going into power-saver sleep mode, and the power buttons turn orange?

I'm wondering if it's a resolution or Hz setting issue--maybe something set to a default setting during the move and there's some kind of mismatch?

Maybe your video card settings are messed up and they're sending the signal out the wrong port when you launch a game?

Edited by ApexVGear

No signal detected. Then monitors shut down.

I have done two clean uninstall and reinstall of nvidia drivers.

i have tried the monitor settings on fps, racing & rgb.

i have also reset to default OC settings.

The monitor power supply can't be a problem otherwise they wouldn't work in Windows either. As the monitors are losing signal as soon as a game is launched then it sounds like Nvidia settings which are only applied when a game is launched. Those settings are located under the 'Manage 3D settings' > 'Global'. Try resetting ('Restore') those.

One of the first things you mention is that you checked game's resolution. How were you able to do this if the monitors lose signal when the game is launched?

I am thinking the same thing -- something in the nVidia settings is causing the problem.

Also, did you mark the monitors somehow so you installed them in the same position and plugged into the same ports on the card? I've had weird issues in the past when I moved a system with identical monitors and didn't ensure they were set back up the exact same way. By the third move, I used a paint pen to put marks on the backs of the monitors to indicate their positions, and marked the cables and photographed how they were plugged into the card.

The only other issue that comes to mind is that you're having a power issue with the electrical system in your garage--maybe it's being overloaded, but I doubt that. It might be worth checking it--like powering the monitors on a properly rated extension cord from another circuit in the house.

Edited by ApexVGear

5 hours ago, Jeremy.Ford said:

The monitor power supply can't be a problem otherwise they wouldn't work in Windows either. As the monitors are losing signal as soon as a game is launched then it sounds like Nvidia settings which are only applied when a game is launched. Those settings are located under the 'Manage 3D settings' > 'Global'. Try resetting ('Restore') those.

One of the first things you mention is that you checked game's resolution. How were you able to do this if the monitors lose signal when the game is launched?

temporary flat screen tv to get into game

Do you have the displays set up as surround in nVidia Control Panel?

I get this every once in awhile when going into full screen mode in iRacing. Although it only affects 2 of my monitors usually.

I usually do a hard reboot (because it locks up my whole pc) and can get it back sometimes.

I have found that I have had to install the new nVidia drivers (sometimes more than once) to get it back.

Make sure they are showing up correctly in nVidia Control Panel. Sometimes when mine does this, the monitor will show up as a generic monitor in nVidia.

I have also unplugged and switched cables to different slots and then reset them in NVidia control panel after a couple restarts.

Sorry I know this isn't much help... I'm 99% sure this has to do nVidia control panel tho.

I have also found that exiting the GeoForce Experience app in the task bar has lessened the problem (but I still have had it occur).

It's not a power issue. I can get into iracing single screened. Switch to border window, stretch it out over both monitors the switch to borderless window. I played for 2 hrs straight in a practice session no hiccups. I will try some older drivers and see what happens.