Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Club sport or cst?

11 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm new to this and just returning to sim racing. I was around sim racing for quite a few yrs but for the last 7-8 yrs I've played with flight sims instead. I own a mono wheel now but don't like the pedals at all. I've started to look around at what is out there and I'm leaning toward the cst 3 pedals but I'm hearing lots of good thing from the club sport pedals.

What do you guys suggest? Are CST worth it?

Thanks

The CST (if it's the Cannon ones) looks great. That might be my next upgrade when/if my CSP dies. The cost of admission is very high with the CST tho. I would get a newer wheel and the CSP 1st, prob at the same cost of the CST alone. But hey if you like the Momo then I would just get the CSP for now.

A concern with the CSP is the QA from FANATEC with some of their products. My CSP has worked from day one and after over a year, it's still working great. But I have had probms with their wheels.

What is your main goal? Realism or being fast in sim? If realism go with a load cell. If speed and reliability is all you are after you don't need a load cell IMO.

Also depends on how much you want to spend. You could upgrade the wheel to say a G27 then buy just the LeoBodnar cable to get better resolution. And or buy the perfect pedal upgrade with it and have a more realistic feel (and not have to worry about the brake pots going bad).

Sim-sport.net has all that stuff check there. They also have a load cell pedal set that should ship a lot quicker than CST's would if you decide to go that route.

I have the same question. Would like to hear from owners/users of both. I'm conflicted, becuase I read reviews saying the CSP will help you at your breaking zones (as compared to g27 pedals). Additionally, if I'm going to make an investment in wither the Thrustmaster (500) wheel later (or wait for the new fanatecs) then the investment for a CST is at par with the investment of the new wheels (crazy talk and rat hole).

Returning back, if someone can comment on highend brake pedals including the frex I would appriciate it.

Thanks.

I've ordered a set of cst. Just waiting the 50 guys ahead of me to het theirs.

I would have said clubsports.. I've tried the CSTs and they're good pedals, but for the price, you could get three sets of Clubsports. I can't imagine CSTs would make me any faster than the CSPs I use.

Curious if you got your CSTs yet ??

I would have said clubsports.. I've tried the CSTs and they're good pedals, but for the price, you could get three sets of Clubsports. I can't imagine CSTs would make me any faster than the CSPs I use.

Curious if you got your CSTs yet ??

Not yet. I'm still waiting.

I'm looking at upgrading my wheel. I'm using an old Momo wheel. I've looked at the t500 but waiting to see about the shifter. I want a 6-1 and sequential combo. If they do make it, I may consider it. I may also wait and see about the new Fanatec Elite wheel. Looks like a sweet wheel but also see lots of bad CS comment about Fanatec as well. If I go with an Elite wheel, may get a csp package. I've gone with a CST just because he was raising his price and didn't want to take a chance. I was # 50 on the waiting list when I ordered them about 3 weeks ago.

Not yet. I'm still waiting.

I'm looking at upgrading my wheel. I'm using an old Momo wheel. I've looked at the t500 but waiting to see about the shifter. I want a 6-1 and sequential combo. If they do make it, I may consider it. I may also wait and see about the new Fanatec Elite wheel. Looks like a sweet wheel but also see lots of bad CS comment about Fanatec as well. If I go with an Elite wheel, may get a csp package. I've gone with a CST just because he was raising his price and didn't want to take a chance. I was # 50 on the waiting list when I ordered them about 3 weeks ago.

You may want to consider cancelling those if you can and look into http://www.sim-sport.net/ like Frosty mentioned. They offer hydraulic brakes and they're as robust as CSTs from the looks of em. Not sure about a waiting list either.

You may want to consider cancelling those if you can and look into http://www.sim-sport.net/ like Frosty mentioned. They offer hydraulic brakes and they're as robust as CSTs from the looks of em. Not sure about a waiting list either.

If I looked at the correct hydraulic brake, they are twice the price of the CST ($1,200+)

...well went ahead and ordered the csp's....look forward to see if I can gain some time. after looking at some telemetry...sure enough I'm being out-breaked in almost every road course. That's not the sum all of time lost, but the majority of the total time gaps.