Questions about the "Universal Hub for Xbox One"

5 posts in this topic

Does the "Universal Hub for Xbox One" straight up allow the xbox to be compatible with Fanatecs "PC only" wheels that are on its website? Like the Porsche RSR wheel or the Club sport steering wheel Formula Carbon? I have an Xbox and would like to be able to use these wheels. Does the "Universal Hub for Xbox One" allow me to do that?

Thanks for the quick reply. 

So I am a little confused about what the "Universal Hub for Xbox One" is used for and what it allows. 

I read that this hub allows for other wheels to be mounted on a Fanatec wheel base, but then why not the wheels I mentioned above?

I see that the BMW GT2 wheel is compatible IF the wheel base has the Universal Hub for Xbox One connected to it. Yet the BMW GT2 wheel is or at least has been a "PC Only" wheel at least up until recently. 

It certainly would be nice to be able to have compatibility with all of Fanatecs wheels after spending the kind of money for the "Universal Hub for Xbox One". At $300 what exactly am I getting except compatibility with only a few Fanatec wheels. 

Its a alot of money to buy the "Universal Hub for Xbox One" and I am not so sure its worth the money. I mean $300 only gets you a couple of extra compatible Fanatec wheels?

Correct me if I am wrong because I am a bit confused and disappointed in what the "Universal Hub for Xbox One" does for the amount of money.

Edited by Flat6

1, Because other wheels are directly connected to the base by their own fanatec quick-release (one piece toy-like wheel), The universal hub is a fanatec quick release it-self that let you attached your own (real car) steering wheel to it.

2.Judging by Fanatec website, BMW GT2 wheel is not Xbox one compatible; You must confuse with PS4 compatible,

3.The point of the uni-hub was first to let sim racers customise their wheel (I remember modded my CSR elite wheel for an Grant Steering wheel because, IMHO, It was too small and toyish... So I was really happy to have something more ''OEM look'' when it came out.) Now, correct me if i'm wrong guys, I'm pretty sure why the other fanatec wheels aren't Xbox compatible is simply because the Xbox market is smaller than PS4 and PC, so cheaper for Fanatec to sell one ''wheel'' with the xbox license and let the customer design is own wheel.

Huh are talking about the thrustmaster hub? It is used for adding more the just one thrustmaster peripheral like a shifter and handbrake to the xbox one.  If you want to add a non xbox wheel you might need to look at cronus max drive hub.