Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shift 1 is better than shift 2

10 posts in this topic

I got so fed up with shift 2 that i popped in the 1st game the other day and was amazed at how much more fun i was having.does anyone still play this? anybody up for a few races let me know my 360 gt is brentsonier. i also have:

forza 3,

race pro

dirt 2

f1 2010

tdu2

grid

midnight club

and im getting dirt 3 day one, already paid for it.

Shift 2 does have a lot of gameplay improvements, but as far as actual racing, Shift 1 modded on pc is far better IMO. It's just hard for me to adapt to the major step backwards in graphics and especially game performance. Whatever good points it may have are trumped by 25 fps and stutters at reduced graphics settings vs. 60+ fps at high settings.

Also the tire chunks the size of softballs are simply distracting, although I do like the idea of build up on the track.

Well "brentsonier" I logged a LOT of hours on "SHIFT" [PS3/DFGT] and had a gr8 time with the first one,and think "SHIFT" is a damn fine title~however IMHO "SHIFT 2U" is just a much better game hands down!I think a lot of people just give up on "SHIFT 2U" because of the fairly large learning curve,and the fact that one really has to put a good amount of time into this game,it most definatly has some negative issues,first off,there are some cars that no matter how much time you log with them, and no matter how you tune them,they are simply garbage![but "SHIFT" has the same issue],2~"SHIFT 2U" still has a pretty big "Freezing" Issue,yesterday it froze up on me 3 times in about 5 hours,hopefully the next patch will fix this problem..*crosses fingers*~but,as I have said many times,when you are driving the right car,this game ROCKS!and it rocks hard~and looks beautiful doing it.I have to admit when I first started playing "SHIFT 2U" I found myself very much on the fence with this title,sort of a "LOVE/HATE" kind of deal,but after logging a lot of hours with it, and after the last 2 patches~"SHIFT 2U" has become my absolute favorite racer on the "PS3",as much as I LOVE "GT5" [& the entire "GT" series] you just can not get that heart pumping,in yer face,close action racing "SHIFT 2U" gives you,the "AI" is stellar,and the damage is awesome.cheers and gr8 racing to all ;)

yea i just posted this recently and have been giving shift 2 another chance, something about the game keeps calling me back, i will give it that. and i did notice that some cars aren't worth a damn. so yeah i am def liking the game much more, I guess to more you play it the better it gets.

all i can say is i prefer shift 2 over gt5 by mile but i nvr got a chance to play shift 1 looks the same as shift 2 with less stuff i just wish the ferrari pack was for shift 2