Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iRacing S.R. confusion

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I've had iracing for a little while now,and am still confused on how it determines how many points you get for a race... Raced skip barbers at RA and went off track twice, got 54 points towards my license, then another race went of 3 times and only got 11 points... Is there something that determines the big difference in SR points for only going off track one more time, and only get a fraction of points?? 

SR = Safety RAting

IR = I rating

They have nothing to do with each other.

IR = is used to determine what split you are in, if race splits.  You want to be in higher splits as this is were the best drivers are at. There is no shame in being in lower splits.  GENERALLY speaking, you need to finish in top half of race to expect a increase in IR.  (high IR is not a guarantee of a good driver, but its a good start)

SR= is used for license level. You need certain license level to race series. ( A license is NOT a sign of a good driver)

SR as I understand it, is a count of # of X's VS  # of corners, for like the last 1000 corners. sometimes you have a high X count in race but SR still goes up, sometimes you have low X count, and it goes lower. Its due to fact that the new race has removed all the corners at the end of the 10000 They count. So it could have removed a bunch of perfect corners or a bunch of dirty corners. No way to tell.  All you need to do is Drive safely and as close max of your skill and SR and IR will take care of it self.