G27 Centering Problem

2 posts in this topic

So, I bought a blue/black box G27 about 2 and a half years ago primarily for iRacing. I only used it for a few months before I had to get out of the hobby. Well, I recently built a new PC and wanted to get back into iRacing. Everything seemed to be working great, except I quickly noticed that my wheel's center was drifting so that I had to turn the wheel pretty significantly right to go straight. This problem also would not allow me to recalibrate the wheel to correct the issue. The only way to fix the issue was to either restart the computer, or unplug the G27 from the USB and plug it back in. However, this was only a temporary fix, and the wheel's center would start drifting again after a short period of time. I researched the problem, and found that this issue was fairly common in G27s and was due to a loose or broken optical encoder. So, I went through the tedious process of breaking down the wheel. I found that the encoder was not broken or cracked, and the screws surrounding the encoder were still extremely tight. So is there anything else that could be causing this issue?

Hi, I've got the same problem in my 6 years old g27 but changing the encoder helped, be sure to take off the encoder of that "pin" and apply some tension on it to really see if it's broken . Delete all the drivers and fresh install a new one (in certain cases it helped). Maybe changing the sensor could help, or place the encoder a little bit closer to the sensor.  Good luck with your g27! 

17148971_1327945310600555_1901711919_o.jpg