video settings, page fault meter and general help / performance settings?

4 posts in this topic

hi all, i have X99 i7-5930k with 32GB DDR4 RAM + Nvidia Titan X (12GB Maxwell). (i have Asus Ultra-Wide 3440x1440p @100Hz display) 

what do i need to set the GPU VIDEO MEMORY to? 

and MAX SYSTEM MEMORY TO USE? 

I sometimes see -> FPS/Network Display Box -> in "P" Page fault meter lots of solid gray and then turns yellow, just fraction of a second, but lots of solid gray...? don't know what to make of it. 
(and i did read this: http://faq.iracing.com/article.php?id=148 but don't understand it) 

*** you can see screenshot of my VIDEO settings, anything you guys would recommend/ suggest different? change? 

iRacingSim64DX11 2017-07-18 09-56-29-52.png

Edited by rocafella1978
added screenshot

I'm pretty sure your memory slider settings are fine, you have loads of memory so maxing out the sliders is appropriate. The Page fault meter I believe relates to using your ssd or hard drive page file. I'd say ignore that flashing occasionally is normal for all users. The only settings you'd adjust adjust is if your fps is struggling in which case you'd just drop some of the High Detail setting down a notch. But considering your system I can't imagine low FPS is a problem.

35 minutes ago, Jeremy.Ford said:

I'm pretty sure your memory slider settings are fine, you have loads of memory so maxing out the sliders is appropriate. The Page fault meter I believe relates to using your ssd or hard drive page file. I'd say ignore that flashing occasionally is normal for all users. The only settings you'd adjust adjust is if your fps is struggling in which case you'd just drop some of the High Detail setting down a notch. But considering your system I can't imagine low FPS is a problem.

thank you Jeremy for your input, much appreciate it. difficult sometimes to understand it all when there is no explanation for some of it and don't really know the options and what it all means. thanks again.