T300RS something loose inside the rim
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

after years with my Logitech Momo i finally decided to get new wheel and i bought today the T300RS with better pedals but i have little problem - the rim itself (the basic one with playstation logo) when you move it or shake it - it is making weird "clicking" noises as if something was loose inside the rim and moving inside there when you move or shake the rim. It looks like its something in or around the paddles because if i press them and hold them pressed and now move with the rim or shake it, it is completely silent. Does your rim / paddles do the same or do you think it could be broken somehow and i should rather return it? (my old MOMO rim didn't maky any noises)

Thank you for answers. Maybe i am paranoid but i dont like how it sounds and i am afraid that it can get worse later etc.

ok, thanks. I was not able to test the wheel yet, so i will see if the buttons and paddles work fine, but one last thing that may or may not be linked with this problem - the paddles have quite long way before they shift (click). I am not sure how to properly describe it because english is not my first language. I mean that there is much much longer movement when you start the shift before it fully clicks (and in the game it shifts up or down). My old MOMO was much "quicker" when it comes to shifting. Can this be connected to the weird sounds and something loose there? Or is it normal and T300Rs just have this kind of paddles with longer "path" from default position to the fully pushed position?

And once again sorry for being paranoid :D

You're talking about the "throw", the distance between rest and activated. I have a Logitech MOMO (hated it) but I didn't use it very much and haven't used it in many many years, so I can't really compare the 2.

I do have a T300 and I have had times where I thought I had made a shift and either I did and the game/sim is slow to register or I didn't shift all the way. I do wish there was an after-market kit for the Thrustmaster paddle shifters that could shorten the throw. Something that could give a much more positive feedback that you've completed the shift to the point that the game/sim will detect it correctly

14 hours ago, Wolf68k said:

...I do have a T300 and I have had times where I thought I had made a shift and either I did and the game/sim is slow to register or I didn't shift all the way. I do wish there was an after-market kit for the Thrustmaster paddle shifters that could shorten the throw. Something that could give a much more positive feedback that you've completed the shift to the point that the game/sim will detect it correctly...

Ok, thank you for the answer and i don't want to bother you, but since you have T300, could you please look to my other topic, where i talk about fan noise and force feedback issue? http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/25617-t300rs-extremely-loud-fan/

I have only limited time to ask for replacement of the wheel in the shop where i bought it so i would really appreciate your help and feedback so i can desice. Could you please look there? Thank you so much.