Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G25 brake mod

8 posts in this topic

I have had the g25 since 2007 and want to update my brake pedal. Perfect Pedal, Team ARC, Nixum, ApElectic, hardware store rubber, Toyota valve spring... please help. Price doesnt bother me from $250-$10 for some of these. Just want feedback on what others are using and very happy with. Should I loose the the g25 pedals and get clubsports(do they even work with g25 wheel?).

Any thoughts?

Thanks Friday

Thanks for the help.

If just for PC then I would rec the CSP with the G25. Great combo. Also about pple helping or lack of, it would do you some good maybe to read all the other post on pedals and setups and pick what you want since everybody has a diff option as to what is good (for them).

I recall one of the episodes where Darin exhorted his ability to brake later in the corners as being one of the contributing factors why he believes he's finishing higher. So, with F1 2011 mere weeks away, I decided this was the perfect time to upgrade my G25 pedal set with a Nixim brake mod. There's probably a host of you that have purchased one of these springs. That being the case, could you tell me of any installation complications I should be on the lookout for, and more importantly, how long did it take you to receive it after you gave your money to PayPal? It's been a week and a half now, and still...no love in my mailbox. My first timid forays into racing online will be with this title as I really put some considerable effort into getting enough confidence in my throttle application and think I can be competitive now without constantly wrecking myself or anyone else getting back on the gas. I would just like to get the brake mod installed before the title is released on the 23rd so I can get my foot accustomed to the difference in pressure application. Thanks.

Ok...I've had the Nixim mod in for a couple days, and found that this simple $40 device is a complete game changer--at least for me. All my braking points, no matter the game, no matter the course, are all thrown out the window. I'm still tinkering with dead zone/sensitivity in those games that feature that adjustment ability, and discovered that one size definitely does NOT fit all. Where it helped me the most was in NFS Unleashed & Grid 3. F1 2010 is still a mystery, as I just can't get the settings to where I actually feel in control of the braking sequences in corners where you're transitioning from 7th gear down to 1st or 2nd. I'm still "guessing" and as a result, I'm back to my old bad habit of pushing wide on the turns where heavy breaking is called for. For settings, I started out as I've seen others recommend with 35/75 for dead zone/sensitivity--but for F1 2010, I've fudged that to 30/85 and I'll bet I can fudge that even further to finally get the car into my foot (I'm one of those guys that uses both feet for brake/gas. If I ever have to use the clutch pedal for a game, I'm toast!).

I can't believe I waited this long to install this mod, plus I can't recommend this gizmo enough for anyone using a G25 or G27 pedal set.