Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rustle Creek car settings?

7 posts in this topic

man! I used to OWN this track in "SHIFT"! but am having one hell of a time trying to figure out a decent setup for this track in "SHIFT 2U"..Maybe because I play "HARD" & "ELITE" settings,but have no problem winning or at least getting podium finishes on just about every other track..[though "SPA" can be just brutal at times,with the crazy bastard "AI" Bot cars wanting to wreck you every chance they get!..lol]..but tons of fun none the less..anyone have a good setup for "Rustle Creek"? and am I the only one having a tough time with this track? thanks for any advise guys!..by the way~"PS3 Version/"DFGT"

Hi Ocaxeman, before I purchased the Fanatec GT3 v2 wheel with ClubsportPedals, I played Shift2 (on PS3) with the Logitech DFGT (great wheel!)... I know that Rustle Creek is hard in Shift 2 (I also had no problems in Shift) but I did use these settings;

Settings for Driving Force GT Wheel 2

FFS - 100%

SD - 3%

SS - 70%

TD - 0%

TS - 40%

BD - 0%

BS - 40%

CD - Default

CS - Default

SS - 70%

SS(D) - Default

SL - 420

SL(D) - Default

Car settings

From the main menu go to Garage->My Cars

Select your car (youll have to do this for each one)

Press X for actions

Select Tune

Create

There's all sorts of stuff to play with in here. All ive done so far is this

Press Square for Quick

First one should be steering defaulted at 50. I increase mine to 85

Square back to advanced

R2 to alignment

Steering lock. Defaulted around the mid level. I maxed mine out.

X to accept and save. And you can save these settings to individual tracks or all tracks. up to you.

BTW; These settings are not mine; I found them (can't remember where...) on the net :D

Maybe it is of some use to you; give it a go! Goodluck with Shift2!

HEY "rhs"! THANKS BUDDY! thank you very much for the settings and advise,Ive pretty much got the whole tuning system down,though I have to say dropping down to low gears,or bumping up to tall gears does not seem to have very much effect overall in "SHIFT 2U" or changing the downforce~ either increasing it or lowering it...dont get me wrong,it's there and I can tell the difference..just NOT even close to "SHIFT"..where even a slight change had HUGE effects on the overall car's performance~

anyway my friend,I will try the settings you so kindly posted,and will let you know how I make out at "Rustle Creek"~it's really strange man,ive got tracks like "Road America"~"Spa" & "Silverstone GP" pretty much dialed in bigtime,but for some odd reason this little SOB "Rustle Creek" is really giving me a tough time trying to dial in a decent setting...WTF?..lmao..hehe :D

again thanks for taking the time to help me out pal,very kewl of you my friend! cheers.

No problem mate :D

I still have a 'love/hate affair' with Shift2. Some cars behave very good and others are plain crap to drive with. Yesterday I went back to Shift's first version and still think the cars are responding better then in Shift2... But I keep on coming back to Shift 2 because of the better graphics, action feel and the helmet cam. Again; hope you have some luck with 'my' settings - talk to you later! - Cheers, Rob.

well "rhs"~while I have Not had a chance to try the settings you posted,[will give them a shot today though buddy!;)] Sounds like you and I are on the same exact page so to speak with 'SHIFT 2U", :D

I also have such a damn strong "LOVE/HATE" thing going on with this title it's crazy! I did the same thing a few days ago,went back to the original "SHIFT" and totaly agree with you my friend,the overall car handling is a tad better,BUT my god man! the graphics & well..pretty much everything else in "SHIFT 2U" just keeps me playing this title non stop! even though I feel the same way man,it's f'n NUTS why some cars drive so damn SWEET! yet others are just Garbage..plain and simple,and while I do think the past 2 updates/patches have improved some of these "garbage" cars a bit..they still need a LOT more Improvments to be at least drivable to the point where you can consistantly post decent lap times with them..yes I'm talking about the "Koenigsegg","Gumpert Apollo" and "Bugatti Veyron" to name a few that really need LOTS of improvment.also the GT3 series cars are really hit and miss, though the Vette is sweet as hell,the Ford GT sucks...yet the GT1 series Ford GT kicks ass...WTF?..it's making me nuts!!..lmao :lol: ..but even with all these bugs,glitches and weird hit and miss handling,Ive got to admit "SHIFT 2U" is just amazing,and has become hands down my absolute favorite racer on the "PS3",anyway "rhs" thanks again for the settings and yer time buddy,now off to check those settings out!cheers M8!

Hey Ocaxeman :D Good to hear you also have a 'hate/love relation' with Shift2; I though it was me...

Yeap, your right about the "Koenigsegg","Gumpert Apollo" and "Bugatti Veyron"; I can't drive decently with them cars too... I had hope before I bought the Fanatec wheel, things would change having another wheel but I'm honestly have to tell you I don't feel much difference between the wheel your using now and the Fanatec. The only great difference is the Fanatec Club Sport Pedals; that's a huge (positive) world of difference compare to the pedals from de DFGT :D :D

I can only hope they make a patch specialy for wheel handeling, so fingers crossed mate! ;D

hey "rhs"! ya m8~I had even previously posted a "I LOVE/HATE SHIFT 2U" topic in the "NFS" section of these forums..lmao :lol: ,so NO yer NOT the only one buddy,those club sport pedals are super sweet man!

my buddy has the "fanatec gt3 W/club sports" & it's a VERY nice rig,thing is I totaly LOVE my "DFGT",and actually prefer it over a G27,and even the "Fanatecs" that ive tried~[maybe Im nuts! hehe] just wish I had a way to be able to upgrade my pedals,if I could hook up a set of club sports to my "DFGT" I would have the perfect rig [for me anyway],by the way ~dialed in those settings you gave me and they seem pretty good my friend,just feel a little strange due to the fact Im not used to them,but will turn some more laps with them today :D ~anyway thanks again "rhs" and enjoy those awesome club sports! & ive got my fingers and toes crossed! hehe.