Steering Wheel buttons for TX wheel Relocated
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm new here and had a "great" idea awhile back and was wondering if it was possible. Instead of buying a $50 adapter to be able to use a real wheel and do whole bunch of weird wiring and having to drill hole for an e-brake (this is for an e-brake mod/paddle shifter delete/rally car wheel whatever on console) could you re-route the plug for the steering wheel out the back of the base and make a button box instead of having all of the buttons on the steering wheel? 

I think it might be easier to just make a button box and have it connect via USB. I think moving the plug from the wheel to some place you can mount it would be more trouble than it's worth. Then making while making the button box you'll need to find a way to connect it to that same plug, which the first thing that pops in my head it tearing apart the original rim. With making the box from scratch (or buying one) you can have more options. Where as tearing a part a wheel and using it's components you might be more limited as to what you can do.

Plus if you ever want to go back to using a TM wheel for some reason. Or if you want/need to sell the wheel and base it'll still be intact and make for a much better offering.