Fanatec CSR wheel adapter

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a fanatec CSR wheel, along with pedals and shifter. I also have a diy hydraulic handbrake, that I modded to the wheel. It isn't exactly hydraulic, just uses an on/off switch to engage the e brake. Anyways.... Since I have been back to sim racing, I have finally come to the conclusion that the CSR wheel is literally built for a child. It's a great wheel setup, but the wheel is an oversized Nintendo wii wheel , lol. 

I have found the wheel that I would like to use. For those that are curious, it's just a basic 320mm deep dish wheel from eBay. Who cares, I'm just here to to play and enjoy the thing. Now for the kicker, I need a wheel adapter ( http://simracinghardware.com/product/fanatec-wheel-adapter/ ) in order to mount a 70mm wheel to it. And this being a budget build, and me being anxious, I would rather not wait until this shipped from the across the pond.

So, has anybody 3D printed off a wheel adapter for the CSR? I know it's an old wheel, but I've seen plenty of 3D printed adapters for G/27 wheels. Any and all help will be appreciated. 

Mostly custom made adapters for the CSR. I Do have the csr adapter from Simracinghardware, brand new that i am not using due to getting a Tx wheel base.

I was going to do something like AdamS4 did with the circuit board  (great mounting idea!)

Where are you located? 

I could sell you this one for less than a new one ,obviously, and if you're on the east coast of the U.S. shipping would be quick.

Either way, hope your mod goes well

The Csr is still a great wheel, i prefer it over a Logitech G920 any day. 

Cheers!

Fanatec_adapterplate_steeringwheel.zip

That is a file for an 3d printed adapter. For force feedback the original rim has to be plugged in though, I found this video a good tutorial on how to swap out a rim. You don't have to use all the fancy plates he used, neither do you need a quick release, but all you need to do is screw off the rim, unplug it, screw off the 5 bolts, screw off the back cover, screw off the pcb at the back to draw the wire out, bring the wire to the outside and plug it to the original wheel. Again, you don't need a quick release but it would be nice to have one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2749233 just get some nuts and bolts and a bicycle seat post quick release and you're good to go!

Edited by nach05