Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shift 2 remark I want to see, and also feedback from others.

6 posts in this topic

Now after trying Shift 2 I am left with a very sour taste in my mouth.

Amongst that is the fact that an old bug that have plagued EA since, well Pro Street is still NOT rooted out.

And that is the classic Heel and Toe manouver, it doesn't work AT ALL!

In Pro Street, the same thing happened with bad clutch sensitivity, so I used a digital setup with the pedal in an on off mode and it somewhat worked but awkwardly, heel and toe was still impossible, but I abused it for quick shift work.

But Shift 1, the thing with heel and toe not working was appearent from the start, and the SAME bug is in Shift 2.

Now the test I want you all to do is simple, pick a car and any track and head off.

Give the car some speed and get it up to 3rd gear, now dip the clutch, step on the brake and try to actuate the gas pedal...

Result? NOTHING happens, even if I STAND on the throttle it stays at IDLE speed, in a real car the engine would be BOUNCING off the redline under those conditions, but in Pro Street, Shift 1 and now Shift 2 NADA happens.

Now I checked the combine pedals and it is off, with the same settings in rFactor I can heel and toe like crazy and no tomorrow the engine behaves the way it is supposed to.

But not in Shift 1 or 2.

For the record I got a G25 wheel and if anyone can pass that heel and toe test let me know and pass the settings because that is a move I am addicted to.

And in the future I want to see Inside sim racing do harsh reviews, that means NOT waiting for the patch and butcher them for the bugs.

Why? Because that puts you guys on the front line and FORCES the rushing publishers to consider their ground about rushing a release and get as many bugs squashed as possible.

If nothing else, do a preliminary review with the possibillity for a fix later, it is after all YOU who have the ultimate say in if a product is made well or not.

I can't wait to get my wheel and pedals in (scheduled for Monday) to try this, but playing Shift 2 just doesn't feel right at all. It has a ton of under steer and the tires just feel like jello, so I can just imagine that heel toe down-shifting doesn't work very well if at all.

And about ISR doing an initial review right off the bat, I would have to agree with this. I think it would actually be more beneficial for ISR because after each patch release they could essentially re-review the game and go over the new content. For me though, Shift 2 has amazing graphics and sound, but everything else is just disappointing.

I totally understand what you guys are talking about but I have another problem with Shift 2 and I want to know if anybody else has the same problem.Now I rented the game(wasn't too convinced it was up there with GT5 to spend my hard earned cash on it) and what I've noticed is even if I mash the gas pedal before I head into a curve the brakes in the game come on(and even the engine noise changes) even before I do anything(I'm using a G25 wheel on a PS3).

Has anyone else had the same experience? I had so much hope in this title and I'm pretty disappointed.The graphics are great though,,,,

Is there some setting that I'm supposed to change in the game so it stops doing this?

HELP!!!

Well "Sweeper",I use a "DFGT" and since I have no clutch,I do not have this problem~perhaps if you just use the Paddle shifters you can save yerself all this frustration..? I understand everyone has a certian style of driving,and I know a lot of racers who do not care for paddle shifters,but in a lot of games you pretty much have to use them,because the ole "H" pattern shifter is just too slow,actually Ive gotten so used to paddle shifters,it's like second nature,and have come to LOVE them,[even though the "DFGT's" paddles are more buttons then anything else],and as far as Darin and Shaun "Butchering" titles just because that certian title may not live up to one/or a groups individual expectations..thats just not fair man,if anything~ I truly believe the "ISR" Crew always gives VERY fair and honest reviews,I would not want~ or expect them to review a title before the bugs have been fixed,or before they have spent enough time actually playing the game to give us a fair review~and Ive seen Darin,Shaun,and the rest of the "ISR" Crew be quite critical of a title many times,I just think they want to be fair,honest and give us as much of an indepth review as possible,and IMHO,they do a damn fine job..ALWAYS!..I think they deserve our thanks,and do not need nor appreciate people telling them how they should review racing titles..;) & "Phinds" ~Sounds like you probably are running "Brake Assist"~to solve yer problem,go to the "Options" menu,then hit "Game play" there you can turn assist on or off,and set the difficulty level,hope this helps man.

Well I drive road cars, and road cars I use the H pattern for realism.

There is something about moving that shifter which feels so nice.

As for race cars... I use paddle shifters as they do not have a H pattern tranny.

Sadly though, I often find that paddles work poorer in sims with auto clutch, so I usually go H pattern and slapping the clutch, even do full throttle shift work with the H pattern at times.

I guess I am a different sim racer than the rest of the bunch, I do not hunt for times but for the drive and the car.

But yeah, part of the reason I also posted this was to see if anyone had gotten heel and toe to work or if there is a bug in my settings.

But it seems like the old bug from Pro Street and Shift 1 is still there.

well "Sweeper"~I totaly agree there are some "Bugs" and "Glitches" in "SHIFT 2U" that seem to carry over from the original "SHIFT", and perhaps even some new ones,but even with these,I think this game ROCKS, & rocks hard man~while I am a total "GT5" NUT and have been into the series from the very start,

"SHIFT/SHIFT 2U" while not having the spot on handling of most of the cars in "GT5",really gets my blood pumping when I am in a close race,a LOT more then "GT5",due mostly perhaps to the stellar "AI" of the "Bot" Cars,and their persistance to beat you by any means possible,and as I have said before,I swear those bastards hold grudges!!and remember you chrome horned them on the previous lap,and now they are super pissed!..lol;) anyway I hope an upcoming patch fixes yer problem for you my friend,and gets rid of some more pesky bugs and glitches!because like I have been saying,this game has the promise of becoming even better and IMHO "EPIC"~cheers and gr8 racing to all:)