Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am rather new to these forums, but I need your guys' opinion on something.

So, to start off with. I bought a Fanatec CSR quite a few years ago, paired with the shifter set that was available at the time, and the CSR Elite Pedals. Now, back then I didn't know much, and just chose a wheel that looked fancy. Now, the wheel has served me very well, but recently it just hasn't felt quite right. It has started making tremendous amounts of noise, the centering isn't perfect, and the list goes on. Anyway, to my point. I am in a financial position in which I can dish out a hefty amount of cash on a racing sim base / wheel. So... I need your help.

So I've been primarily looking at the Fanatec wheels. Specifically the Clubsport V2.5 Base with the 918 Steering Wheel, paired up with the Clubsport Inverted Pedals, with the Clubsport shifter. Along with this I would also get the Fanatec Handbrake, and maybe some mounting options. All coming in at a total of roughly $1850. Now, given that I live in Canada, and Fanatec charges an arm and a leg for shipping to Canada, add roughly $400 to that. Now that's a lot of money. $2250 and that's in USD. With the terrible exchange rate right now, I'm looking at basically $3000! Now, that is without the buttkicker in which I plan to obtain eventually...which is another added $200.

Anyway, with all of that said, is it worth dishing out that kind of money? How close is it to realism? And are there any better alternatives for similar pricing? Any thoughts on the buttkicker gamer 2?

Oh yeah, and is there any sort of WheelStand for the Fanatec Clubsport Wheel / Pedals / Shifter? I really like the idea of being able to tuck it away, as I do not have the most space. In other words, don't suggest me a full cockpit / playseat :) table mounting wouldn't be ideal, but it's possible.

Thanks so much! 

Morning my good sir, for your mounting options may I suggest this, I have used this with my CSW Base V2 and works extremely well, I sold the playseat challenge a few months back in this forum for silly money as I need to get it out of the missus view. You will not be disappointed for your needs 

On 6/4/2017 at 9:16 PM, SkyyJuice said:

Morning my good sir, for your mounting options may I suggest this, I have used this with my CSW Base V2 and works extremely well, I sold the playseat challenge a few months back in this forum for silly money as I need to get it out of the missus view. You will not be disappointed for your needs 

Hey man.. That looks like a good option, but does it have a shifter mounting option? Or a shifter and handbrake mounting position? Having a shifter is a huuuge thing for me.