What to get HE Ultimate or HPP PRX SE
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

Looking to spoil myself and upgrade my pedals )then handbrake, then maybe wheel base)

I have a Vesaro Rig, currently with Fanatec CS 2's. Which have never let me down.

I was edging towards the HE's, due to my wife and one of my mates that have seen the two prefer the look of the HE's but also they have a local distributer in Australia.

That was until I read this review: https://www.simracingmachines.com/Reviews/HEUltimate
Mostly because of the lack of steps in the pedals, even more so compared to the HPP's.

Should this be a concern and will the lack of steps be noticeable?

Is load cell better than potentiometer.

Also looks do play a factor...

I found the following:

In this  link, you can see the Vesaro actually has the HPP, pedals, I think before the PRX but gives you an idea on what they look like
http://www.vesaro.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/

A shot with the HE Ultimates, they have them mounted on their GT Conversion kit (Basically what the pedals are mounted on, plus differnt seat bracks to allow the seat to be adjusted more.)
https://www.vesaro.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=493&idcategory=407

I've been informed if I don't by the GT Conversion kit, then I need to use the HE angle adjuster brackets seen at the bottom of this page https://www.h-engineering.net/shop/sim-pedals-baseplate/

So there you have it

What to get?

HE Ulitmate pedals with the Angle adjuster brackers

HE Ulitmate pedals and get the GT Conversion kit

HPP PRX-SE Pedals

HPP PRX-SE Peadals and the GT Conversion kit.

I intend to also upgrade my handbrake from Vesaro to HE's others I've see are too expense or too big.

My main racing is rally, but do some Rfactor 2 and others for variety.

Cheers

Scott

I'm not really up to date with pedals. Since I got the Ultimates I'm just not interested in pedals anymore. I'm more than happy and customer support is absolutely fantastic. Brett is selling them here in Oz. I got a wheel from him. He's doing some amazing work and dealing with him was always a pleasure.

My motion rig is done and working...you can try them out if you want to come up to Redcliffe :-)

21 minutes ago, Thirsty said:

I'm not really up to date with pedals. Since I got the Ultimates I'm just not interested in pedals anymore. I'm more than happy and customer support is absolutely fantastic. Brett is selling them here in Oz. I got a wheel from him. He's doing some amazing work and dealing with him was always a pleasure.

My motion rig is done and working...you can try them out if you want to come up to Redcliffe :-)

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Just after I posted this I saw the posting from Fanatec looking to release a DD wheel base, good for me, so I can keep my Fanatec wheels.
But they also intend to release High End pedals and handbrake.

hmmm, do I wait for their pedals or get either the HE or HPP...

How do you find the HE's by the way?

1 hour ago, savagess said:

Hi,

Looking to spoil myself and upgrade my pedals )then handbrake, then maybe wheel base)

I have a Vesaro Rig, currently with Fanatec CS 2's. Which have never let me down.

I was edging towards the HE's, due to my wife and one of my mates that have seen the two prefer the look of the HE's but also they have a local distributer in Australia.

That was until I read this review: https://www.simracingmachines.com/Reviews/HEUltimate
Mostly because of the lack of steps in the pedals, even more so compared to the HPP's.

Should this be a concern and will the lack of steps be noticeable?

Is load cell better than potentiometer.

Also looks do play a factor...

I found the following:

In this  link, you can see the Vesaro actually has the HPP, pedals, I think before the PRX but gives you an idea on what they look like
http://www.vesaro.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/

A shot with the HE Ultimates, they have them mounted on their GT Conversion kit (Basically what the pedals are mounted on, plus differnt seat bracks to allow the seat to be adjusted more.)
https://www.vesaro.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=493&idcategory=407

I've been informed if I don't by the GT Conversion kit, then I need to use the HE angle adjuster brackets seen at the bottom of this page https://www.h-engineering.net/shop/sim-pedals-baseplate/

So there you have it

What to get?

HE Ulitmate pedals with the Angle adjuster brackers

HE Ulitmate pedals and get the GT Conversion kit

HPP PRX-SE Pedals

HPP PRX-SE Peadals and the GT Conversion kit.

I intend to also upgrade my handbrake from Vesaro to HE's others I've see are too expense or too big.

My main racing is rally, but do some Rfactor 2 and others for variety.

Cheers

Scott

I actually don't have either yet, I've been looking into reviews for both sets, and found these reviews. Maybe they can help you. This is a review for another pedal set as well:

1 hour ago, savagess said:

Hopefully these these reviews might help you if you haven't seen them yet. How do you like the Vesaro Rig? I was trying to decide between that one and the Rseat N1 I'm leaning towards the N1 though. 

I'm very happy with my HPP PRS-SE pedals.  Best brake feel I've ever had, highly adjustable.  Clutch is awesome, and feels real with 3 stages of engagement. 

I'm running the OSW DD wheel, converted to accept Fanatec rims (including full button, display, and vibration capability).  I have 6 rims in total I can use on this system, all connected via the Fanatec QR and all with through-hub wiring for buttons, display, or paddle shifters.

Do check out the OSW wheels.  Fantastic value, ready to go today, and you can easily use Fanatec rims if you so desire.

IMG_0566_zpsyayta5ur.jpg

IMG_0569_zpsapv9r5om.jpg

IMG_0570_zpslfnvivgr.jpg

IMG_0571_zpss20ydkam.jpg

IMG_0572_zpsswrjvjmf.jpg

Edited by Diablo2112

Thanks all,

I think at this stage I'll wait for Fanetc's offering, since they announced DD wheel, and then followed by High End Pedals, Shifter and Handbrake.

Although it maybe a longer wait, at least my gear works at the moment.

On 04/06/2017 at 11:23 PM, savagess said:

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Just after I posted this I saw the posting from Fanatec looking to release a DD wheel base, good for me, so I can keep my Fanatec wheels.
But they also intend to release High End pedals and handbrake.

hmmm, do I wait for their pedals or get either the HE or HPP...

How do you find the HE's by the way?

I'm very happy with my HE's. There were some EMI issues caused by my OSw, but Beano put on some great information on how to get that under control and following his advice I got that sorted right away.

The HE's are apparently more likely to have EMI issues than the HPP's. I actually can't even remember hearing about EMI problems with HPP's at all.

You've most likely watched Barry's videos. If I remember correctly he prefers the HPP's over the HE's.

I'd certainly take a closer look at them if I was in the US, but for me they aren't an option just because the Ultimates are too good...I'd buy them again, no doubt.

That's great news Fanatec coming out with DD wheels. Although I'm very happy with my OSw I'm keen to see what they're coming up with. It seems to me it's worth waiting for.

On 04/06/2017 at 2:59 PM, Diablo2112 said:

I'm very happy with my HPP PRS-SE pedals.  Best brake feel I've ever had, highly adjustable.  Clutch is awesome, and feels real with 3 stages of engagement. 

I'm running the OSW DD wheel, converted to accept Fanatec rims (including full button, display, and vibration capability).  I have 6 rims in total I can use on this system, all connected via the Fanatec QR and all with through-hub wiring for buttons, display, or paddle shifters.

Do check out the OSW wheels.  Fantastic value, ready to go today, and you can easily use Fanatec rims if you so desire.

IMG_0566_zpsyayta5ur.jpg

IMG_0569_zpsapv9r5om.jpg

IMG_0570_zpslfnvivgr.jpg

IMG_0571_zpss20ydkam.jpg

IMG_0572_zpsswrjvjmf.jpg

Love the flexibility you have to change wheels

Regarding the Clutch on the HE-Ultimate vs the HPP, does anyone have experience with both that could make some comparison?

I have the HE-Pro's now but, find the clutch to be a bit weak and too vague. I'd like something that offers a more defined bite-point with enough resistance-range to pass for a high-performance pressure-plate.

Does anyone know where I can get a Base Plate for the HPP PRX-SE Pedals? 

I have the pedals arriving in the next few days, and I have a feeling it won't work well with the Next Level Racing GT Ultimate Rig that I have without a base plate.

I have the HPP PRX-SE pedals. I actually just  got them within the last week or two. Would I recommend them? No, probably not. They're pretty, but not all that adjustable and you have to buy your own bushings to get the brake to feel right. Additionally, the pedals came haphazardly packaged and were damaging during shipment, the bushings included were very rough and obviously not flat like they're supposed to be and were completely unusable, and the pedals make a sound similar to running your fingernail on an old vinyl record when you depress them. I emailed HPP asking if this sound was normal and if my bushings are supposed to be uneven, have received no reply email. Spend your money elsewhere.