Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt 2 - Do difficulty settings impact physics?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

First post, and a question straight off. I apologize if this question has been asked elsewhere.

I have just gotten Dirt2 and I haven't had much time with it yet. To save me time testing settings, I am wondering if changing the difficulty settings do more than just change the amount of money you win, and the amount of flashbacks you receive? I would like the cars to have a little bit more realism, and I am hoping that simply choosing a higher difficulty will change the physics.

If the difficulty settings don't do anything for physics, are there any other options I might of missed too?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello Hollo...*chuckles*..[sorry bout that..hehe],well man,Ive been playing both "DIRT" and "DIRT 2" since they were released,and have never noticed any difference in the overall physics when changing the difficulty settings in either,only the amount of flashbacks you can use~and of course ken,travis and the rest of the crew giving you much more of a run for your money~if you are looking for more of a challange,[and Im sure you are already aware of this] just crank the difficulty all the way up,set Damage on full,and perhaps race from the cockpit view,thats about it my friend..and if you are anything like me,yer probably climbing the walls waiting for the release of "DIRT 3"!...Rain,Snow,more Rally,and lots of classics from the past!..wow! I for one can not wait to get my paws all over this one!!!YES! cheers and gr8 racing to all:)[PS3 Ver/"DFGT"]

Thanks very much for the response Ocaxeman!

Yep, I reckon you're right. I made the switch from easy right through to hardcore and didn't notice anything with the physics. Really fun game, but if there was a slightly more realistic feeling this game would be an epic title! Still,can't wait for number 3!!

No Prob at all "Hollo";)~,and while I am with you on wishing the whole driving experience was a tad more realistic,and the overall Vibe was a little less "Arcade" like and more on the "Sim" side of the fence,you just can not beat the "FUN" factor of the entire series,and "DIRT 3" looks like it is going to be AWESOME as far as the fun factor goes!and I'm counting the days till it's release! and with "DIRT 3" having more rally type events and..SNOW!!!..BRING IT ON GUYS!