I own a DELL u2515H and a u2413H.

The options are:

1. 3 x u2515H (2560x1440 X 3)

2. 3 x Asus 27 Vx179H (1920x1080 X3)

3. Any other triple monitor setup

What do you think?

Edited by bnk

Hi,

I'm a "lowest input lag" maniac, I would recommend something with 1-2ms response time. As I saw the monitors you mentioned have higher rt than 5 ms. But it depends on your priorities. 0,005 s might seem not much, but if I calculated right, with a speed of 300 kmh it means 40cm. In Eau Rouge with an F1 car this 40 cm can "save your life". For me the second important thing would be the thin bezel.

Best regards!

Also consider, what is your video card?  2560x1440 X 3 is a lot of pixels to power.

But as per Brigetiol... low latency, low response time, high refresh rates... these would be more important to me than size or resolution of the monitor.  Thin bezel is also a really nice benefit when possible.  Oh and buttons on the face/bottom of the monitor, if buttons are on the side, 2 of the monitors will be tough to reach the power/settings buttons.

Edited by DjFIL

I personally really love the 35" ultrawide BenQ's with 144mhz refresh rates. They have been reviewed here on InsideSimRacing, and I believe they are currently what John is running.

It will really depend on a few factors: What is your budget? What video card do you have? How are you mounting them, and how much space do you have?

Cool.

Currently I have r9 280x but it will be replaced to at least GeForce 1080. 

For working I prefer 24 or 25, but somewhere I read 27 is the minimum for racing games?

The budget is for 3 not pricey monitors. 

I'll go for 1ms,  low latency and high refresh rate. The problem is to find some that aren't pricey (aoc maybe? I Asus BenQ? ). 

I'll setup on a secondary desk on the left of my desk so I have enough space but 35 seems big. 

Newegg has the ones I was talking about on sale for $529.00 right now.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014487

They don't have the lowest latency out there, but it does have a high refresh rate (144mhz). They are 1080p not 1440p, but according the reviews, the refresh rate makes it a better buy than jumping up to 1440p with lower refresh rates.

A GTX 1080 will push these just fine, and it will be more than ready to do VR when it becomes the go to standard.

On 2017-05-08 at 6:32 AM, bnk said:

I'm thinking of a triple monitor setup,

I own a DELL u2515H and a u2413H.

The options are:

1. 3 x u2515H (2560x1440 X 3)

2. 3 x Asus 27 Vx179H (1920x1080 X3)

3. Any other triple monitor setup

What do you think?

Go for 2 more U2515H, it is 2k after all (Have U2715H here). 

it is not really worth buying 3 monitors just because of the 2" difference. their lower resolution is a deal breaker for me at least.

Just my two cents.

or maybe one Asus PG348Q 21:9 (3440x1440)? :)

On 5/8/2017 at 1:01 PM, CShelton24 said:

I personally really love the 35" ultrawide BenQ's with 144mhz refresh rates. They have been reviewed here on InsideSimRacing, and I believe they are currently what John is running.

It will really depend on a few factors: What is your budget? What video card do you have? How are you mounting them, and how much space do you have?

I looked the XR3501 you mention but the problem is getting the VESA mount adapter plate. They are out of stock on their website and Amazon says ships 1-2 months. 

On 8/5/2017 at 8:50 AM, BlueWaterBaboon said:

I looked the XR3501 you mention but the problem is getting the VESA mount adapter plate. They are out of stock on their website and Amazon says ships 1-2 months. 

Yeah. I got mine off Amazon as well. It said 1 month, but I think that's just to cover their butt just in case, because mine came within 7-10 days. 

I can't guarantee that, Your results may vary though.