G27 vs G920 clamp extenders compatable? Maybe a few people could measure the part that connects the main clamp to the extender of each wheel
1 1

3 posts in this topic

So I picked up an open box G920 but it doesn't come with the little clamp extenders to grip a thinner desk (I guess that is the purpose) I currently have my MOMO mounted to my Ikea pull out keyboard tray (It's a thin piece of metal) and I'm using those included extenders. There are some G27 extenders on eBay for $5 shipped so I was wondering if those are compatible with the G920.

Maybe someone who owns each or a couple people (one with a G27 and another with a G920) could post the measurements of the parts that connect. I wouldn't think Logitech would change the clamp itself and they are probably the same as the MOMO I have now but I would hate to order the G27 extenders on eBay and them not fit the G920 clamps.

I'll attach the part I'm talking about as a picture. Inner diameter of the extender or the outer diameter of the actual clamp to know the thickness is what is needed.

s-l500.jpg.c1528ede09d8bec18b780635d3f8b83f.jpgs-l50.jpg

Edited by scgt1

I also still have my Black Momo, along with a DFGT and a G27 and the clamp extenders are all the same and interchangeable. Since the G920 and G29 are basically the same as the G27 it would be a safe bet that your Momo ones will fit.

If your not going to be using your Momo, just pull them off the clamps and snap them on your G920 and save yourself the cost. Unless your wanting a spare set.

The inner dimension of the extender is 21mm (7/8 or more precise 13/16).

8 minutes ago, Zipdrive said:

I also still have my Black Momo, along with a DFGT and a G27 and the clamp extenders are all the same and interchangeable. Since the G920 and G29 are basically the same as the G27 it would be a safe bet that your Momo ones will fit.

If your not going to be using your Momo, just pull them off the clamps and snap them on your G920 and save yourself the cost. Unless your wanting a spare set.

The inner dimension of the extender is 21mm (7/8 or more precise 13/16).

Thanks for that. I was actually looking at flipping my MOMO on Ebay since these ancient things are still bringing some decent coin. ($100-$150) Heck mine has only seen 6 or less months of use. It's been in the closet the past 8 or so years. LOL

I wouldn't have even picked up the G920 had it not been for whipping the MOMO back out and connecting it to the Ikea keyboard tray for the first time and noticing how low the bulky belly (section that hands down below the mounting surface) of the wheel is. My knees are constantly hitting the center chunk section with the strew in clamp and it doesn't feel too good. They really like to hit that plastic screw in the middle. UGH

I may just wait for the 920 to arrive this week before I order the extenders. Thinking of mounting the wheel to a board that I can just set on the keyboard tray and remove the whole setup (wheel and shifter) at once if not racing. Depends if the wheel want's to move around once mounted to the spare Ikea shelf I have in the garage.