Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt 3 - Developer Interview and Gameplay Footage

13 posts in this topic

We recently attended a media event for the soon to be released Dirt 3. We were able to get some footage of teh various "party" modes within the game that allow for a lot of fun. We were also able to interview Gehan Pathiraja the lead vehicle designer and talk about various aspect of the game. This is also accompanied by some never before seen footage of the game.

Shaun, that was an awesome interview. I really loved the ending how you made sure to clarify Dirt 3 supported T500RS wheels :D

Good looking out! You guys rock; that's all I gotta say. Very great, indepth interview. I am so preordering this.

Lots of great footage you had too of all those real drivers

Excellent interview Shawn.

Great questions and good answers.

Looking forward to trying this title. :)

Just wondering, where did Jessica go, we haven't seen her do her "Pit Stop" segment at the start of the last few mini shows? or is the "Pit Stop" just for the major full blown shows?

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

Excellent interview Shawn.

Great questions and good answers.

Looking forward to trying this title. :)

Just wondering, where did Jessica go, we haven't seen her do her "Pit Stop" segment at the start of the last few mini shows? or is the "Pit Stop" just for the major full blown shows?

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack

Hi Jack,

We decided to take "The Pit Stop" out of the big shows which is why we now have "This Week in Sim Racing" or "TWISR". We figured that those subjects were better on their own since our long format shows go so long.

In regards to Jessica doing TWISR, that is TBD.. You'll see her next on Episode 100 and then more of the long format shows. The next TWISR will be up in a few hours and it features myself and Tom Haake. Next week will be Shaun and Tom.

All the best,

Darin

Oh yeah......

I pre purchased Dirt3 through Steam yesterday morning, you save $5 if pre purchased. :)

Looking forward to seeing this title, I very much enjoyed Dirt and Dirt 2, I like Codemaster stuff, for some reason, for me, they seem to know just how to add intensity to a racing game that I wish all race games and sims would have.

I'm also very much looking forward to Grid 2 coming out later this year! :)

Thanks for the various episodes regarding Dirt3.

Take care

Please be sure to recommend what system we should buy Dirt3 on

basically if its worth getting the PC version specifically or if consoles are basically the same thing ... he said in the interview they are identical but sometimes the PC versions allow for a lot of customization with the wheels and stuff.... a lot of times console versions don't

The PC version will have better graphics.....

I believe it might or will support DX11, so if you have a recent video card, the graphics on the PC should blow away either consoles.

Take care

Ok ISR now that the game is in retail for the PS3 perhaps you will give your T500rs thoughts as well? I am playing dirt 3 with my T500rs and the FFB comes through really solid in my humble opinion. But I am still interested in ISR's view on this