Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheetmetal sim cockpit

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

First post but not my first rig.

Planning to make an all sheetmetal rig where the idea is to make it future proff for a 2DOF setup.

That is why the base board is made in one piece as i do not like the 2DOF where only the seat is moving.

I do not want it too expensive and sheet metal with laser cutting is relative cheap.

The whole rig is only 8pcs that bolt together with sliders for almost all adjustments.

You can click the image in the PDF (only adobe reader) and rotate it around, but you have to click to trust the document and then click again once you have done that.

Please give feedback for any pitfalls you find.

SimSeat.pdf

SimSeat.png

SimSeat2.png

I'd agree with other comments, the design will have a lot of side-to-side flex/wobble as there is alot of weight and leverage bearing down on where it's attached to the base which doesn't look sturdy enough at all. That movement will be very noticeable and distracting.

Hi all

Seat is from a Peugeot 206cc from a scrap heap for $25.

Laser cut by a local company, price for steel, cutting and bending about $400. Normal steel would be half price but then I would need to paint afterwards.

Wheels were special type for wooden floors so about $120. Quite expensive but don't want black marks on floor.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5jfXD