Triple monitor surround issue

9 posts in this topic

I recently went SLI with 2 gtx 1080 sc, I have quite a few issues but so far I believe I have got most of them taken care off,  except for one that is getting annoying. I set up my monitors in surround and about 5 minutes later it reverts back to single screen, would any one know what is causing this issue? I use the hot keys 

Ctrl + alt + s to bring back surround but like I mentioned it reverts back to single after a few minutes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I've been having issues with Nvidia drivers for the best part of this year. I run triples also, and every driver I have updated has not played correctly with triples. I have to revert back to the December release, which works as it should It is very strange. I have not done a full driver clean up other than use the fresh install option through the driver install, but then why does the one from December work without having to do that? It's weird. My issue specifically is once I install new driver, it's OK the first time I set up surround, but then, the second time I try to change from my single desk monitor to my surround triples on my rig, it just sticks on the single monitor and it doesn't want to switch back over. After messing about with it more, the screen numbers that identify which screen is which is messed up and also the screens in the menu look more square than they do with the driver that works. It's absolutely ridiculous, and infuriating. I only run a single 1080. Not sure how this relates to your problem, but my solution is just to run the old driver until something makes me need to change. 

Hello, I haven't been on for a while, I have tried everything and still cant find a solution for my issue I have done many clean install and installed old driver and have spoken to Nvidia tech support and they just tell me to do the same thing, to do clean install and use ddu and reinstall old driver  but it doesn't work. I upgraded to two gtx1080 ti ftw3 and I still have the same issue, I thought it was a power issue replaced the power supply and nothing , I tried a new sli bridge and nothing. It very frustrating. I'm thinking maybe could be my mother that's basically the only thing I haven't replaced. Tried many combinations of ways to plug the monitors and nothing always have some kind of issue with surround.

4 hours ago, dmgp1 said:

Hello, I haven't been on for a while, I have tried everything and still cant find a solution for my issue I have done many clean install and installed old driver and have spoken to Nvidia tech support and they just tell me to do the same thing, to do clean install and use ddu and reinstall old driver  but it doesn't work. I upgraded to two gtx1080 ti ftw3 and I still have the same issue, I thought it was a power issue replaced the power supply and nothing , I tried a new sli bridge and nothing. It very frustrating. I'm thinking maybe could be my mother that's basically the only thing I haven't replaced. Tried many combinations of ways to plug the monitors and nothing always have some kind of issue with surround.

Is it just running in SLI that's having this problem? And have you updated your Bios to the latest version?

Yes updated to the latest bios, running a gigabyte ga-x99-sli motherboard, updated from f1 to version f22. yes it seems to only do it in SLI , I verified this by removing the cards one at a time as I suspected maybe a card was faulty but that was not the case.

It seems to happen right after I wake my PC or after I play a game, its done it about 2 times while gaming , it did it earlier today while playing hellblade, so far it hasn't done it while racing, I have the latest driver. Maybe a monitor is losing single? How would I test a monitor if it were going bad?

If this is only occurring in SLI then it's not the monitors. With that I mean if you've tested triples on a single card extensively to rule that out. From what you've described to find a solution it sounds like the motherboard. You've upgraded the GPU's and the PSU, and the same problem happens, which to me leads to the motherboard as the culprit component.

I believe your right, I have tried everything I had no issues when I was running a single card, then I purschased my second 1080 SC and I was having the issue were it reverts back to single screen, then I kind of delt with the issue and a couple months later purschased 2 1080 ti thinking this will solve my problem and nothing, so then started checking everything and replacing items that might cause the issue, replaced power supply, sli bridge, also had Nvidia support on they could help just made me change to different drivers, was told to do a clean install ,point is we didn't find a solution. Tested with two displays at a time only and for some reason it kept reverting back to single screen when I had my  left and middle monitors connected, tried right and middle monitor and it wouldn't revert back to single monitor, so then  I thought maybe it's the cable so switch the cable from left monitor to right monitor and sure enough it did it with only middle and right monitors connected, so replaced all the display port cables, but turn out it was just a coincidence.  After replacing all cables Ran surround and maybe 10 min later it reverted back to single monitor.I found that I forgot to plug in the ATX4P on the mother that feeds more power to the pcie slots, but no positive results. Then tried each pcie slot just to make sure it was not  one of the gpu's going bad and the gpu's worked great in single mode none sli mode.( I only had one GPU physically in the case at a time). All my power settings have been set to max performance. Sorry for the rant but this has been very frustrating

Verified is not the motherboard basically built a new pc, granted I was already planning on building a PC for a media center, went out purschased a Thermaltake p3 case bought a gigabyte x99 pheonix sli motherboard, a power and cooling 1200w power supply, a i7 6850k processor, 32 gigs of corsair rgb ram and finally installed my both old 1080 sc in SLI. Plugged the PC to triple monitors, let the PC put the monitors to sleep and once I wake the monitors up with a mouse click, the monitors wake up and about 20 sec later screen go black and go into single screen . At this point I figure it's a software issue, is this how Nvidia is? Just can't seem to find a solution