TH8A Wiring Diagram?
3 3

10 posts in this topic

My TH8A breakaway connection has died.  Before it was just flaky; I would have to connect at a specific angle, and tighten the thumb screw at the perfect strength, for it to work.  But now it won't stay on.  I never use the DIN connector, so I'm thinking I'll just chop off the two DIN ends, and permanently wire it to the USB connector.  Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram?  Thanks.

Nice!  Thank you @VSteve.  I'm pretty sure this is what I'm going to do, easily worth the risk.  ThrustMaster just quoted me $70-85 (CAD) for the parts (and shipping) alone... that's 1/2 the price of a new unit.

Thank you again @VSteve for your information.  I didn't figure it out my self, but a few friends I have who are great with electronics were able to get it sorted out.  They said the schematics were helpful, but not 1:1 correct (for colors) with my unit.  But works 100% again... no more stupid dongle.

15 hours ago, DjFIL said:

Thank you again @VSteve for your information.  I didn't figure it out my self, but a few friends I have who are great with electronics were able to get it sorted out.  They said the schematics were helpful, but not 1:1 correct (for colors) with my unit.  But works 100% again... no more stupid dongle.

I'm glad to hearing it worked for you!

On 5/4/2017 at 11:29 AM, DjFIL said:

Let me understand. The scheme is not as precise as the diagram? I had 5 pins broken which they're fixed (following this way) now by an electrical technician, but plug it in via USB-DIN isn't recognized at all.

On 4/4/2017 at 2:34 PM, VSteve said:

Here you can found. Take care on USB mode 6 and 7 pins are closed. (Powering the unit, 3.3V)

DSC_3128.thumb.JPG.b0f3b7c9286f60e5898a0095409be3c7.JPG

Hi Everybody,

I just found this topic very useful, thanks for the help. 

I also have a TH8A with a minor problem, it just don't work... Anyway, I tested all the cables and connections with a multimeter and I found some odd things. 

First: In the USB cable, the PIN6 and PIN7 aren't closed.

Second: In the shifter board, The Black (G), Gray (8), Brown (9) and the little Black one with the O-ring are all "grounded" connected together... 

I think that I can have a bad plug but I don't know how to disassemble the DIN plug that came from the shiter. 

What do you think abou that?

Bests

On 10/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, SimKindOfDriver said:

Hi Everybody,

I just found this topic very useful, thanks for the help. 

I also have a TH8A with a minor problem, it just don't work... Anyway, I tested all the cables and connections with a multimeter and I found some odd things. 

First: In the USB cable, the PIN6 and PIN7 aren't closed.

Second: In the shifter board, The Black (G), Gray (8), Brown (9) and the little Black one with the O-ring are all "grounded" connected together... 

I think that I can have a bad plug but I don't know how to disassemble the DIN plug that came from the shiter. 

What do you think abou that?

Bests

Second think ok

For the first thing, you can measure 3.3V between Gnd and pin7

Br