TH8A Wiring Diagram?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

My TH8A breakaway connection has died.  Before it was just flaky; I would have to connect at a specific angle, and tighten the thumb screw at the perfect strength, for it to work.  But now it won't stay on.  I never use the DIN connector, so I'm thinking I'll just chop off the two DIN ends, and permanently wire it to the USB connector.  Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram?  Thanks.

Nice!  Thank you @VSteve.  I'm pretty sure this is what I'm going to do, easily worth the risk.  ThrustMaster just quoted me $70-85 (CAD) for the parts (and shipping) alone... that's 1/2 the price of a new unit.

Thank you again @VSteve for your information.  I didn't figure it out my self, but a few friends I have who are great with electronics were able to get it sorted out.  They said the schematics were helpful, but not 1:1 correct (for colors) with my unit.  But works 100% again... no more stupid dongle.

15 hours ago, DjFIL said:

Thank you again @VSteve for your information.  I didn't figure it out my self, but a few friends I have who are great with electronics were able to get it sorted out.  They said the schematics were helpful, but not 1:1 correct (for colors) with my unit.  But works 100% again... no more stupid dongle.

I'm glad to hearing it worked for you!

On 5/4/2017 at 11:29 AM, DjFIL said:

Let me understand. The scheme is not as precise as the diagram? I had 5 pins broken which they're fixed (following this way) now by an electrical technician, but plug it in via USB-DIN isn't recognized at all.