Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY PLEASE HELP ME!

9 posts in this topic

Assetto Corsa, 

Why, WHY can I not start a race, navigate posts race menus, do ANYTHING, without the damn mouse?!!!

I am now using Roccat on a tablet and I'd like to assign virtual buttons on the roccat to be able to just press a button to start the race, at race end just tap a button to go back to the menu, etc.  But no, I have to go fishing for my keyboard and mouse combo which now has my back in a mess.  There has got to be a way to find out what control mechanism is being applied when you hover over those buttons with your mouse and assign that to a keyboard or button box button.  I'm pulling my hair out.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000   EXPLODES

I have tried that, no response on the official forums.  I'm finding more and more official forums for most games are filled with super snarky people who only exist to point and laugh.

Does anyone know anything about autohotkey?  I heard that may work but I have never used it.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I had the same problem myself and found a solution.  I bought a Logitech touchpad t650 which has a fairly small footprint.  I was able to velcro it onto my rig and now don't need to pull in the awkward mousing surface just to click through on AC and iRacing.

Thanks for the suggestion but I already have a M/K and touch pad.  I neglected to mention that while in the cockpit several UI elements are not visable without getting out of the damn simulator.  I need to be able to map those mouse clicks into keystrokes.  I have run a couple programs that monitor keystrokes and have found that a couple of them run assettocorsa.exe with a program line "cls='HwndWrapper*'"

There has to be a way to do this via AutoHotKey script maybe.