IRacing 3 x 1440p FPS?

6 posts in this topic

I've found this video where guy runs IRacing with triple 1440p screens and 980Ti @ 120-160 fps:

Is this for real? Anyone have similar configuration?

I'm buying new computer next month probably I7 with 1080Ti + 3 x 1440p, 144hz GSync monitors.

My main concern is would this system be able to run IRacing smoothly @ 7680x1400 with resonable detail?   

I'm in the process of building sim rig, already have wheel, cockpit, shifter and handbrake...

I'd have doubts of any single card running that res at that frame rate. You would need a second card or details way down to take advantage of the refresh rate. I run 1080p x 3 60hz on a single 1080 and it goes well. I use V-Sync because I cannot race/game with tearing and/or judder.

I am considering upping my monitors to 144hz but will most likely settle for 1080p still. There aren't many around though. Worst case, just run the res at 1080p and take advantage of the frames. That is until you add another high end card to your rig. 

Maybe this is possible.  The graphics seem to be fairly turned up but think he has objects at medium and doesn't have the in-car mirrors on which eat up a lot of performance.  Plus may not have the more advanced track shaders on.  I may be able to run that with my 7680 x 1080 triple setup and a 1070, if that is indeed the case.  A 1070 and a 980ti are pretty even in performance if I'm remembering correctly.  He may also have a decent cpu, which even though iRacing is DX11 now, it still seems to be fairly cpu dependent. 

Your setup with the 1080ti and I assume a newer i7 should be beastly and I think you'll get pretty good performance, even at 1440.  Idk if you can visually see much a difference between 1080 and 1440...but I think you'll be able to handle it and be able to turn on things like in-car mirrors, track shaders, etc.  The higher resolution may allow you to gain some performance by turning anti-ailising down, etc.

8 minutes ago, John Sabol said:

Idk if you can visually see much a difference between 1080 and 1440...

There are 3 main reasons why I'm getting 1440p monitors, first is that if I'm not mistaken there are no 27" 144Hz 1080p monitors with thin bezel (like Dell it the video), second, I'll use those monitors also for work and third is future proof. But if I could find some fast, thin bezel 1080 monitors I could reconsider...