Looking for triple monitor sizing advice (27" vs. 32")
2 2

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Been trying to search around and see what all people are using for monitor sizes on a triple setup.  Seems to be hovering around 27-32" for many.

I have a 27" right now and was going to pull the trigger on two more of the same size, but came across a deal on 3 32" monitors of the same resolution, refresh etc... as my current 27" monitor.  I do feel the 27" is slightly too small currently but at the same time, don't want to go too big and ruin scale or anything.

Debating pulling the trigger on the 32" ones and keeping the 27" for other games but before I do, I'm trying to determine if 32 might be too big at close distance. (24-29" from my eyes)  

Considering things like scale of the image on 27 vs 32, and not having to sit any closer than 24", looking for thoughts on this.

Thanks,
-Dale

On 3/27/2017 at 10:23 AM, FastGT94 said:

Hi all,

Been trying to search around and see what all people are using for monitor sizes on a triple setup.  Seems to be hovering around 27-32" for many.

I have a 27" right now and was going to pull the trigger on two more of the same size, but came across a deal on 3 32" monitors of the same resolution, refresh etc... as my current 27" monitor.  I do feel the 27" is slightly too small currently but at the same time, don't want to go too big and ruin scale or anything.

Debating pulling the trigger on the 32" ones and keeping the 27" for other games but before I do, I'm trying to determine if 32 might be too big at close distance. (24-29" from my eyes)  

Considering things like scale of the image on 27 vs 32, and not having to sit any closer than 24", looking for thoughts on this.

Thanks,
-Dale

What did you end up doing?  In the similiar scenario going from single 65” 4K tv / VR via 1080ti to first triples setup.

debating between triple Acer 32” VA 1440p 144hz gsync 

or

asus / Acer 27” IPS 1440p 165hz gsync monitors.

seems most have gone the 27” route just wondering if all were to do it again now, would you choose 32 instead of 27?

consodering same resolution just want to get best 1:1 scale for natural driving feeling.

loved VR but the resolution and overall experience can get exhausting.  Want a proper triple setup - should of done that from the start!