Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Assetto Corsa & iRacing Tire Models – Beyond the Gloves EP. 7

3 posts in this topic

I must say this was probably the best discussion to date involving the concept of the "over the edge" gradient.  It explains why I have been thrilled with Assetto Corsa and at the same time apalled at the inability of iRacing to handle anything even approaching controlled drifting.  Moreover, I could totally relate to Billy's analysis comparing the tire models in Assetto Corsa and iRacing.  After watching this video, I logged back into iRacing to see what progress has been made and while I will acknowledge some minor improvements in the "over the edge" gradient, the fact is iRacing still has a looooooong way to go before it captures the real life sensations of going sideways or even partially sideways in total control.  That being said, I am hoping the dirt portion of iRacing at least simulates it magnitudes better than the paved portion has.    

Regardless of the above, I'll post my wish list for 2018...  Assetto Corsa's tire model with a great single player career mode, Assetto Corsa's hotlap competitions, and iRacing's league racing all built into one Sim that runs completely in VR.  Oh, extra points for including the Nordschleife, Dirt Rally and/or Hill Climbs too.   

Have to say, I completely agree with pretty much everything that was said.  I was about to not renew my iRacing subscription this year because I was in fear of crashing all the time.  It was no longer fun.  The latest changes and what AC had already done are a huge step in the right direction.

Oh...and i'm with john....laguna seca for AC....whooo....not  :-(