Arcade Simulator Machine. Functional Gauges, Lap displays, Switches.
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Dont hate me.. I combined the two!       Does this make my sim games feel arcadie? lol.  It had to fit the theme of the room.  And it's far enough along to call "done". But there are a lot more gauges and LED indicators I would like to install.  

I made a video of it in its current state and would like to share it.    I have lots of photos as well, of the build process.. There is a thread "Hydro Thunder sim Cockpit, the build thread". But it has been Archived and closed?  So I'll get to the build photos later but for now here is my custom arcade racing machine in its current state . 58d4895837581_IMG_24492.thumb.jpg.76aab13f59ce22ad38e564d1c1e1731d.jpgIMG_7191.thumb.JPG.50b9a38932087e682ed144560a84cfbe.JPG

Its all Fanatec controls.. CSR wheel and Clubsport pedals and shifter.  My shifter is the H shift only version. The switchable unit was 2 month backorder when I bought it over a year ago.  But I love in nonetheless. My button controls are read by a Symprojects JC32 and my gauge control is Symprojects ProGauge.  Their products are awesome. And have great support.  

Edited by Timmy P

On 3/30/2017 at 0:43 AM, Mayaman said:

Heh cool project.  Where did you get that wallpaper?

Thanks man.. Its actually vinyl decals.. I own a vinyl plotter and just took hundreds of google images and turned them into wall art..  I could make stickers like this for somebody if they are interested. Any color or any size..      

I was busy checking out the Sim Cab and almost completely missed The Black Knight! Dumped more quarters in that pinball machine back in the day than I care to remember! Brilliant room Timmy! Love everything about it! 

Edited by Sean DIYsim.com

On 4/30/2017 at 8:54 PM, Sean DIYsim.com said:

I was busy checking out the Sim Cab and almost completely missed The Black Knight! Dumped more quarters in that pinball machine back in the day than I care to remember! Brilliant room Timmy! Love everything about it! 

Thanks for the compliments Sean. The arcade is 4 years in the making now.. I did the remodel to the room just this year.    That BlackKight took a lot of my quarters at a local GoCart Raceway I spent lots of time at, back in 88'-92 ( I was 8-12)..   It was a favorite of mine also.  I spent 2 years trying to find the right one. lol.  Got it 2 years ago and haven't even had to change a bulb, Its a . very solid machine.  It still laughs at ya when ya miss the Magna Save.. That bastard!       

Edited by Timmy P