Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I LOVE/HATE "SHIFT 2U"

10 posts in this topic

I have to say guys,Ive Never had such Mixed Feelings about a Racing Title,and Ive been playing them for a very long time,at times "SHIFT 2U" can be awesome and just way to much fun! but quite often it can make me want to eject the disk,and chuck it in the deep 6 bin[trash can] because of the beyond horrible handling and downright stinky physics of more than just a few cars,[PS3 Ver & using a "DFGT"] at first I thought it was probably just a matter of dialing in the game/Car/wheel settings..but after trying at least 20 different wheel settings,trying every degree of wheel rotation & steering lock,and endless car tuning options?..it seems [to me at least] that I can not get better results then the default settings!..[first time thats ever happend!] WTF?..and while the first "SHIFT" had some serious control issues & sketchy car handling/physics,after awhile you could get used to them somewhat...NOT the case with "SHIFT 2U",a LOT of the cars are just Garbage,and Im not talking about just the starter cars,some of the high end cars are pretty much undrivable also,with them swaying from side to side,dogwalking,and the feeling you are driving on a frozen lake for f*&%'s sake! again WTF? I am not asking for the stellar kickass handling "GT5" gives you,but it would be really nice to be able to drive in a striaght like for gods sake! is that too much to ask? I guess my biggest complaint about this whole thing is WTF were the "Dev's" thinking when they released this game with so many cars having absolutley Horrible & beyond "Crappy" handling/physics? I know they had to do a lot of testing with all sorts of wheels,and I have a lot of racing buddys that suffer the same problems using "G27's","Fanatecs" & "Thrustmasters" so this is just not a "SHIFT 2U/"DFGT" compatability Issue,if "SHIFT 2U" Sucked beyond words,then it would not be pissing me off so much,I would just take it back and get my money refunded~problem solved,but thats where the whole "LOVE/HATE" thing comes in..because despite so many cars handling like dog poo,this is one Beautiful game,that when driving the right car,can border on epic,the car models are some of the best Ive ever seen period,the tracks [both real life & fantasy] are just mind blowing,and though some people complain about the super Aggro "AI",I myself LOVE it! and wish "GT5's" "Bot" cars had some of this aggresive attitude.

so thats were I'm at with this title guys,Maybe after the upcoming patch,some of these issues may get resolved,..but I'm not counting on it 4sure,..and maybe because Ive been more or less playing nothing but "GT5" since its release,it's spot on car handling/physics [for PS3 anyway] has spoiled me rotten..but I dont think so,I think "SHIFT 2U" could have been a really,REALLY Fantastic "Arcade/Sim" Hybrid sort of racer,and if they would have made good on all the talk about Improving car handling/physics,it would have been!,oh well,maybe if there ever is a "SHIFT 3" they will finaly get the handling right,when and if that ever happens~it will be one top notch racer,cheers and gr8 racing to all.

S2U is fantastic. I also had problem with the cars swaying from side to side on the straights. I used ISR's recommended settings for Fanatec GT3RS/GT2 and I am in heaven. Add the DLC's next week and S2U will be my favourite for a long time.

It has been the only racing title in my 360 since its release.

Keep trying; you will be rewarded for it.

I think "SHIFT 2U" could have been a really,REALLY Fantastic "Arcade/Sim" Hybrid sort of racer,and if they would have made good on all the talk about Improving car handling/physics,it would have been!,

It's already done on PC with the PTMu v1.51 mod, it feel like a GTR2 2011 and it's my best FunSim now.

Hope the patch will fix the consoles versions.

Well "GRD43L"~It is a Fantastic Racer..when driving a decent Car,I'm Glad you found some settings that work gr8 for you my friend,Maybe the "Fanatec" wheels enable you to dial in a lot of the really "Crappy" handling cars to where you can actually drive in a striaght line without all the crazy sway & wobble that seems to increase with speed,like that &%$# "Lotus E"!but like I was saying man,Ive tried TONS of settings and for the life of me can not get rid it with a LOT of cars,at least my beloved "Nissan GTR SpecV" drives quite nice,as does the "Need For speed edition GTR",& "Skyline GTR"..SWEET!but some of my favorite High end cars drive like pure garbage[ even worse than in the original "SHIFT"] super cars that SHOULD be the best handling cars in the game,are just beyond horrible!cars such as the "Koenigsegg","Gumpert Apollo" & "Bugatti Veyron" pretty much handle like an old beater ford falcon with a bent frame driving across a frozen lake bed..that really SUCKS man.

But like I said "GRD43L","SHIFT 2U" has so many gr8 things going for it, I am willing to suffer through all the Bulls&^$,because despite "SHIFT 2U" having some serious handling problems with a good amount of cars,[and making me NUTS!] when you rip it up on on of its stellar tracks,with the RIGHT car...it really does not get much better!..if ALL the cars in "SHIFT 2U" drove & Handled half as good as the cars in "GT5"?..this game would be "EPIC"! cheers all.

"RacemanIak"~It's already done on PC with the PTMu v1.51 mod, it feel like a GTR2 2011 and it's my best FunSim now.

Hope the patch will fix the consoles versions"

^^^

I sure as hell hope so "RacemanIak",thats awesome you PC guys have a GR8 mod already!I can just Imagine how killer the PC version is now..NICE!:)

Yep - watch the short review of the game and note the settings used for the G27/Porsche wheels - does make a difference. I finsd that the graphical settings have an impact on the lag aswell - turn some of the settings down if you have the PC version - like 'reflections'.

I'm going to wait for the patch before downloading the PTM mod. See what the difference is first... 8-)

Well "MDK1974" I have the "PS3" Version & using a "Logitech DFGT"~but there is some good news,I find the more cars I try,I'm finding some really decent kickass machines as well,just ran a "Ford Shelby GT500" at Ambush Canyon,which is one of my all time favorite Fantasy tracks,and have to say~NOW WE ARE TALKING! sweet,smooth handling with 0 sway and wobble:)..NICE! also have to say the redone "Ambush Canyon" track just looks AMAZING!..as does every single track Ive raced so far,Stellar graphics! Some of the best Ive ever seen on the "PS3"~right up there with "GT5"~[yep I said it;)] cheers all.

Shifts 2 physics are great you just have to break out of your GT5 mode. I admit it is hard to switch between them both. BUt GT5 is not the be all end all on the consoles. SMS just took a diffrent approach to physics it can be frustrating but in a good way. Just my opinion

Well "Boomee" While I will Admit I'm total "GT5" NUT,I Logged an Insane amount of hours on the original "SHIFT" and totaly enjoyed doing so,even with it's sketchy physics and less then stellar handling,and honestly think the overall physics/handling of "SHIFT 2U" are worse then the first "SHIFT",

with that said~I really am digging "SHIFT 2U"..a LOT! and I JUST downloaded the first patch for "SHIFT 2U/PS3" less than 5 min's ago..and Ive only had a chance to drive my "Ford Shelby GT500" which already drove purty damn sweet to begin with,and maybe Im nuts,but I swear it drives even better!so while I am a little hesitant to jump up and down and put "EA" & "SMS" on my Christmas list just yet..it appears that they are working on the problems of "SHIFT 2U" just like they said they were gonna do, so thats pretty awesome! well~ gonna go see how some of the really "Crappy" handling cars drive now[after the patch],

will let you guys know whats up later today;) cheers all.

Well Guys~Seems Like the First Patch for "SHIFT 2U" on the "PS3" is certianly a step in the right direction,while it has not fully corrected the deadzone/wobble & poor handling of some of the really "Crappy" Cars,they do seem to drive a wee bit better,[a WEE bit ;)] good news is~the cars that drove pretty gr8 pre~patch,feel even better now,not a "Night and Day" marked Improvment,but they seem to hold the road just a tad better[that or Im just getting used to the somewhat "Floaty" feel of the cars in "SHIFT 2U] whatever the case may be,I have to say this title is REALLY starting to be more of a "LOVE" thing, and much less of a "HATE" thing with me,in fact,"SHIFT 2U" has started to eat into my "GT5" racing BIGTIME!,maybe because as much as I LOVE "GT5",and think its an amazing racer,it does tend to be a bit too easy at times,especially with it's Boring "AI" bot cars that pretty much drive like my grandma going to a church bake sale on sunday...[ok..maybe thats a bit too harsh..sorry grandma;)]

thats one thing you cant say about the "AI" cars in "SHIFT 2U"! some of these *%^$#@'s Drive like they just got released from a mental ward..and your the guy that put them there! and they DO hold grudges!..lol;) anyway~been having a BLAST with "SHIFT 2U" so far,and it just keeps getting better!and cant wait to see what the next patch will do :)..starting to REALLY dig this title even more...& with a few more fixes,"SHIFT 2U" will be a BEAST of a racer~and right up there with "GT5" as one of my alltime favorite racers on the "PS3"....and if the soon to be released "DIRT 3" plays half as good as it looks,and is anywhere near as FUN as "DIRT/DIRT 2" was? then The race gods have been very good to us Indeed!:)

cheers and gr8 racing to all.