Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFS 2 for $18 usd?

5 posts in this topic

YEP :o

Digital download today around 9am. I could not believe it...

Only bummer part is progressing through the game since i recently finished SHIFT....

My impressions... Audio 9/10, Graphics 9/10, Feel 7/10 (but that may improve as my cars do)

The first game is a ton of fun for lapping your favorite tracks. Not THAT many tracks, not that many cars, but what's there is very well done---when modded. Mods give it very satisfying physics and FFB at a solid 60+ fps. I still enjoy the first more than the 2nd for running the Nordschleife, Spa and a few others in some very well done cars. Gorgeous, incredible sense of speed. Career mode...yeah well, lets leave it at hot lapping (AI is pretty bad at upper levels).

Shift 2 at that price is a bargain even if it needs a good patch. Physics much like Shift 1 modded, FFB as well. Career is much more interesting and the night racing is unlike anything else out there apparently. However it's not well optimized and doesn't run smooth. Once that's sorted out, this is easily a top tier priced game.

If you want a new sim, look to the new Race 07 expansions. The Shift series isn't "sim" simply due to the race structure and options, although the rest can be tweaked to be very nicely done. Shift isn't sim, but fakes it nicely for quick runs at a track.

I love my gt5 but I ordered the PC version for 18 bucks...and it already arrived today.

Guess I will be waiting on some patches (to get decent frame rate on my dual core amd and gtx260 and mods to make it more simlike. From what I hear the game really loves quad core cpu's...ugh..im a frames per second addict so this 18 dollar game will probably end up costing me 500.

I WANT MY $18 BACK~!

THAT GAME NEEDS SOME SERIOUS WORK TO MAKE THE THING DRIVABLE.

THE NO TALENT DRIFTER THAT BLABS ALL THE DA,M TIME.. (IMO DRIFTING IS NOT RACING)

SORRY I SPENT THE MONEY.. (FOR NOW MAYBE A PATCH WILL HELP)