5€ overheating solution for T300rs
1 1

11 posts in this topic

While i was racing on Project cars on Ps4 pro the other day i felt the ffb of my wheel fading. After a lot of research i found that this is cause of the overheating of the motor. I wanted to solve this problem soon because i was afraid of. So i came with this:

IMG_20170304_105238_1.thumb.jpg.0733a20f19e43cdf5abb9d2d8e3b91ed.jpgIMG_20170304_105255_1.thumb.jpg.0175427f37e364f97721de197e22701d.jpgIMG_20170304_105322_1.thumb.jpg.0c1ffafbdecb171d45937e92bb33657d.jpg

I would never open my wheel base to replace the stock fan woth an other one, because warranty..... 

Under my rig where i have my base hard mounted i have attached a usb hub. So i plugged the usb fan and it blows directly over the motor. 

HUGE difference. I have never felt any ffb fading since.

Very nice!

What about if you take one of these to suck out the hot air from the base.You will put the fan at the same place but instead of blow it will suck air,because the hot air is trying to get out through these holes.You can use double sided tape(or Loctite) to attach the fan to the base.

изтеглен файл.jpg

Edited by loser10

7 hours ago, loser10 said:

Very nice!

What about if you take one of these to suck out the hot air from the base.You will put the fan at the same place but instead of blow it will suck air,because the hot air is trying to get out through these holes.You can use double sided tape(or Loctite) to attach the fan to the base.

изтеглен файл.jpg

I could test it. I changed the position of the fan by mounting it to the other side in order to push cold air in side the case so that the stock internal fan will always blow fresh air on the motor. Or that is what i think.... lol....  It has not the same effect as blowing air from the other side over the motor. From this side the stock fan stops much later in the normal mode. While blowing over the motor the stock one stops about 1 minute after a hard ffb session. IMG_20170306_010256_1.thumb.jpg.914c7bfe1fec4fa5278ad343756fb897.jpg

22 hours ago, ANDRITSOULAS said:

While blowing over the motor the stock one stops about 1 minute after a hard ffb session. 

This is a pretty good result. :tup:

Let me know what is the result if you decide to try my idea. :)

Hey guys.

I asked the TM support to purchase directly from them a top cover +a frontal ''ring'' cover in order to mod it by drilling some holes in order to let the motor breath , and they told me that i can not buy a cover as a spare part. Also if i do this i will void my unit's warranty. I thought i could drill some big holes and put some mess , that way i think i could solve the overheating problem for ever.

I also asked them what if someone snaps his top cover accidentally . . . .  Will he have to buy another wheelbase just for a cover ?

On 6/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, loser10 said:

This is a pretty good result. :tup:

Let me know what is the result if you decide to try my idea. :)

I will try your idea. It will be a bit ugly but i suppose it will work properly. I will attach the fan with double sided duct tape. 

21 hours ago, ANDRITSOULAS said:

I thought i could drill some big holes

That's exactly what I did despite my wheel still had a one-year warranty remaining when I did it.

When the warranty on your wheel is expired this is what you can do:

Drill holes like these

and  additional holes right above the motor.

6 hours ago, ANDRITSOULAS said:

My warranty expires on March of 2018. So for know i will hook a super silent fan on top of the motor outside the case to suck the hot air fast. I suppose it will get the job done.

Make sure that the fan is well sealed for the case and all the air that sucks comes from inside the case.

I'll be glad to see several pictures.:)

Thrustmaster respond me that in case there is a broken case cover,after inappropriate use, the unit should be sent to TM for repair.

Also about the overheating (especially when ''driving'' in Project Cars on Ps4) they suggest to use the unit in 60% FFB. This is the proper use in order to avoid any FFB fading.

I personally use the Jack Spades ffb global set up. I have the Tire force at 75. In game ffb 100. 

So i will start a thread on Buy/Sell section to find the covers  . . . . . If anyone has a dead T300rs pm me. 

For now i will stick a fan on top of the base. I will update this thread when i will be ready with results.