Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Many factory shifter.

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to the forums and don't know a lot about sim racing. My question is, can you plug a manu-factory shifter into a Xbox for racing? And if it dosnt does this apply for all USB devices?

cheers, George.

28 minutes ago, Georgejenno said:

Hi, I'm new to the forums and don't know a lot about sim racing. My question is, can you plug a manu-factory shifter into a Xbox for racing? And if it dosnt does this apply for all USB devices?

cheers, George.

Hi George,

No it won't work, it's for PC only. And yes that applies to all standalone USB shifters like this. If you have a Thrustmaster wheel then you can plug in the Thrustmaster shifter into the base and that will work on Xbox. Likewise the same with the Fanatec wheelbase and their shifter.

On 02/03/2017 at 10:35 PM, Georgejenno said:

cheers, George.

You could of course wire the shifter direct to your console compatible wheel base. Manu-factory or not, they all come with 2 switches, each with ground and live/5V wire, so it's 3 or 4 soldering points to do only (ground can be combined into one). Depending on your base (fanatec/logitec or thrust), it could be very easy. Or not :)
I soldered old Logi wheels a lot, to have my external shifter work, being considered as my main wheel device input. With fanatec you can just add an RJ12 plug and plug it into CSW wheels, for example.

There might be other ways to do it, but I never looked into those.