Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fractured Multiplayer & Hitting Launch Dates - Beyond the Gloves EP. 4

3 posts in this topic

Another good show and topic this week guys, keep it up! And I like leaving comments here in the forum instead. 

iRacing has made some of the paid cars free after retiring them from official series. I think they should continue to do this instead of deleting them off the service entirely. You mentioned the Solstice. While its already been part of the base content, I do believe they should remove the car from official series. Maybe replace it with something new? The Jetta is an old car that we still have to pay for. They should at least make this car free so participation will be higher. Right now if you want to level up easier, run the Jetta in the Grand Touring Cup. Its how I got to A class. Of course now that I mention that, it may be a bit harder lol. 

As for the GT1 series, we already have seen a new car come and bring new life to that class...the Aston Martin DB9. I believe new physics and tire changes came when that car was released. And for a short time, the GT1 class had new life. Its died off again since other new content has been released. I think that will always be a pattern no matter what, a surge of participation following the release of new content. 

Overall I say choices are a good thing. If participation thins out then it means we need more members! We need to try harder to get friends and neighbors on the service or into our favorite sim. Offer them a test drive and a good deal on your used equipment. You never know. 

What is a really good idea (but I'm sure iRacing won't do it because they'll lose to much $$$) is when they retire a car that you have already bought when the new version comes out you should get it for free sense technically you already payed for it. I know it is a big lost to them but we are paying $100 dollars a year and we also still pay for tracks... Just a thought