Evolution sim rig
22 22

144 posts in this topic

I decided to make a second sim rig with my old Logitech Driving Force Pro. I was going to make it basic for my Grand babies that come over but got a little carried away seeing the possibilities of making the Driving Force Pro into a great wheel with some easy mods. I will be adding a magnetic paddle shifter to the column, quick release system for a 280mm rim and 310mm rim, handbrake mod, wiring a better tactile sequential shifter, and attaching my old Playseat chair to the wheel base frame. 

I also upgraded my Logitech G27 H-pattern shifter with the 3Drap.it Gated shifter V3 MOD and I am very impressed with the improvement.

Just completed the handbrake mod for the Logitech Driving Force Pro rig, will install this afternoon. The same mod I installed on the Logitech G27 rig.

IMG_2628.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69
missing information

Video of the Dim Sim sequential shifter that I just installed. I recommend this shifter for its quality and price, I spliced it into the existing wire harness I had from the last sequential that I replaced. 

I was interested in adding the rumble motor mod to the Logitech G27 brake pedal on my Driving Force Pro rig. I use the PS4 console for my sim racing so I had to find a solution to tie it into the rig and not the electronics of the DFP so I figured to use a seperate power source via a USB cable and push button switch on the inside of the pedal.

10 hours ago, Levelup1 said:

Really enjoy your creativity and passion. Your mods are spot on, keep up the good work. By the way, what are you using to connect the handbrake? 

I just sent a message to your inbox, hope this helps.

I had a question about these cables I got to extend from the Logitech G27 wheel base to the shifter and pedals. I attached the cables to the wheelbase then connected the pedals and shifter but it doesn’t work but when I researched the cables it was recommended for the Logitech G25. Not sure why they aren’t working, does anyone have experience with this. Thanks for any help.

9161B7F7-7597-4078-BD16-7417EE33890E.jpeg