Evolution sim rig
22 22

170 posts in this topic

I thought you might of decided to get a Simetik rig. Like you mentioned the Playseat Evolution cost more than the Simetik rig. For the cost, stability, and adjustability I know you would be happier with the Simetik. I sent you a link for the website on seats, did you get a chance to check it out?  I think it is all a matter of how deep you want to get into sim racing, since I had already purchased the Playseat Evolution I see the possibilities for this rig. Good luck on your racing and maybe see you on the track someday.

Added the Simulaje Hall effect sensors to my accelerator and clutch pedals. It seems a little bit more responsive on the accelerator, can't really tell on the clutch. Next update on Wednesday getting a reclining race seat from speeddaddy.com

IMG_1861.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69
deleted photo

Just installed the new racing car seat onto the Playseat Evolution/G27 rig from Fastdaddy.com for $107 with free shipping. The seat didn't come with instruction so it was a bit of a pain but it bolted on to the Playseat with no modification. For the cost it is a nice seat that gives me the reclining adjustability that was lacking from the original seat.

IMG_9457.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69

Just found this pic when I just started modifying the Evo rig. It looks like a catastrophe, I figured simple was better and cost effective.

IMG_0779.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69
deleted photo

On 3/31/2017 at 6:52 PM, jonston said:

STarting them young huh Denis! loving your work. 

Yes indeed, that is my Grand nephew. He has gotten a lot bigger since that pic. Here is the most recent video of him on my rig.

Replaced the 50mm F1 paddles with the Sam Maxwell 100mm GT paddles yesterday. Having the bigger paddles seems a bit stiffer and Sam is fast in making them. Great customer service and great quality. Thanks Sam Maxwell for hooking me up.

IMG_1914.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69
deleted photo

I have been researching increasing the FFB for the Logitech G27 steering unit and read a discussion on the modded G27 forum. A lot of opinions were against it due to the increase of voltage and overheating problems. I came across this link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/boxthislap.org/g27-power-supply-substitution/amp/

This mod would maintain voltage but increase amperage in turn increase FFB to the wheel. Also there isn't any modification required to the PCB because you aren't changing the rated voltage. The power supply I used is a 24 VDC, 6.25 Amps, 150 watts. The stock power supply is 24 VDC, 1.75 Amps, 42 watts. The AWG of the wiring coming from the Stock power supply to the motor is 18 AWG which is rated to handle up to 7.0 Amps. I have 4 cooling fans on the steering wheel casing to ensure longer play and cooling for the motors. I have played a couple hours upon initial installation of the power mod upgrade and it does feel stronger on the FFB and there weren't any overheating of the motor or wiring. 

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69
Added pic

Here is a video of initial start of the Logitech G27. The first video is of the upgraded power supply with the 6.25 amps increase and the second video is of the stock power supply rated for 1.75 amps.

Edited by Mestizo69
Changed video

Here is a video of the current stage of my sim rig but just ordered some things to add and will update after installation.

Edited by Mestizo69
Update

Installed the EVO QR3 from Steve Spenceley at Open Sim Rigs. Very light and tight fit, I can feel more force feed back switching from the NRG carbon fiber slim QR to the EVO QR3. I am very satisfied with this product's craftsmanship and Steve's customer service is outstanding. Thanks Steve for hooking me up with a great QR.

IMG_2001.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69
Update

Thanks Steve Spenceley for coming through again with an upgrade to my G27 pedals. He designed and manufactured these, I am very happy with the quality and pride he puts into the various products I have purchased from him.

IMG_2248.JPG

IMG_2245.JPG

Newest member to my simrig (PSVR) with the Hellspawn decal. Tried Dirt Rally and GT sport and it is pretty awesome. You have to take baby steps to get past the motion sickness but with time you get use to it.

E3FBAEDE-6778-4744-8019-95588A9FB660.jpeg

Edited by Mestizo69
deleted photo