Evolution sim rig
3 3

70 posts in this topic

I bought this playseat Evo and Logitech G27 almost 2 yrs ago not knowing too much about what sim racing was about. After doing research on the hardware of sim racing I realized what I bought wasn't the best. So instead of selling it I decided to modify the crap out of it with ideas from YouTube or sim racing forums. It is still work in progress but I am happy with the direction it is going. Thanks for taking the time to look at my post.

IMG_1661.JPGIMG_9232.JPGIMG_9220.JPGIMG_1665.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69
Update

Just updated my paddle shifters from the Steve Spenceley extended paddle mod to Ascher mounting plate with Precision Design Worx magnet paddle shifters. Also used a mod from mayaman to extend the pedals 2".

IMG_1773.JPG

IMG_9288.JPG

IMG_9283.JPG

IMG_9287.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69
Update

1 hour ago, Go68fastback said:

WOW Great Job man very crafty

Appreciate the comments, just added the perfect pedal for that hydraulic brake. I didn't think it would make a difference but entering the apex with this brake is like cutting butter with a surgical knife.

Newest member to my pedals...perfect pedal, thanks to Shaun Cole from Simpit. He went out of his way to find the perfect pedal he had in storage. 

IMG_1797.JPGIMG_1799.JPG

Edited by Mestizo69
Add info

On 24/02/2017 at 0:10 AM, fil140 said:

Excellent, a man after my own heart. Great work man!!

On 24/02/2017 at 2:29 AM, Mestizo69 said:

Thanks for the comment, it seems silly how much work I put into this thing. I guess that is what a sim racing enthusiast is, take care and good luck on your racing.

No, thankyou for sharing! Yeh, i love modding my rig as mich as i enjoy racing.

IMG_8411.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

I have only just finnished my first ever pc, i was on console for 20years! You really should jump to pc, iracing raceroom are great fun and you get an even deeper feeling of realismits not as complicated as people make you believe it is.

Definitely, when I started I was on the PS3. That is when I first realized how limited I was with the hardware I could use due to software limitations of the PS3 system. I then found mods that utilized the electronics of the G27 to allow some of the hardware to work. I soldered into the H-shifter PCB for the handbrake and into the existing micro switches on the head unit PCB for the magnetic paddle shifter that also connects the sequential shifter for the up/down shift. Now Playing on the PS4 the immersion is way better but I know that system is limited, I want to be able to add motion and triple screen which requires a computer to operate the software. I also think the racing is cleaner and regulated that makes it professional. Thanks again for your opinion and advice.

Here is a great website for seats, 

http://speed-daddy.com/interior/racing-seats?p=5

what I like about that rig is the adjustability, stability, and definitely the price. It has triple screen brackets that will also hold a computer. Also you can bolt an actual car seat to it. 

Edited by Mestizo69
Misspelled

Thanks for the comment, the sim racing community are a great group of people. I like to read everyone's point of view on all aspects of sim racing. Thanks again for taking the time to look at my posts and have a good day.