Gearbox connector on base
3 3

42 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2018 at 8:10 AM, jujujames said:

hello VSteve and Dave

to start sorry for my bad english i'm french and i use google translation

I am very interested in your work I would like to know if it is possible to have the arduino code that you use waiting for your answer thank you in advance

I wrote sample sketch based on @VSteve's researching.

You can add you keypress processing and it's must work.

TH8A_FX.ino

Edited by KOL

Hello everyone, I registered in this forum precisely because of this project, I want to adapt the g27 shifter in Thrustmaster TX, I have an arduino leonardo. I edited the TH8A_FX.ino code to work with the g27, but when I plug the adapter in wheel to xbox one nothing happens. I tested with forza 7, horizon 2, horizon 4 demo, project cars 2 demo. Any idea where the problem is? Excuse my bad english I'm Brazilian.

On 9/19/2018 at 5:40 PM, MakeyneGT said:

Hello everyone, I registered in this forum precisely because of this project, I want to adapt the g27 shifter in Thrustmaster TX, I have an arduino leonardo. I edited the TH8A_FX.ino code to work with the g27, but when I plug the adapter in wheel to xbox one nothing happens. I tested with forza 7, horizon 2, horizon 4 demo, project cars 2 demo. Any idea where the problem is? Excuse my bad english I'm Brazilian.

Good to see my projekt is not in the garbage yet. 

Where is your problem? Implementing g27 's analog position to the code or connecting the hardware? 

Somewhere i have a code wich emulating shifting automatically. I mean that was used to shifting automatic in specific order in specified time. So I could tested connection between arduino and base. 

Then you can try arduino with two (gear one, and gear N) pushbutton connect to the base. 

Is this work? 

Steve

Hello Steve, thank you very much for replying, I believe there may be some incompatibility between the code and the steering wheel. It is as if the steering wheel did not receive the commands. I'll leave my code attached. Soldered the wires in the wrong order?

DIN6_1 /  nothing      /
DIN6_2 /  I2C-SCL      / A5   azul forte - dark blue
DIN6_3 /  /Shifter ON  / GND   azul fraco - light blue
DIN6_4 /  I2C-SDA      / A4    branco - white
DIN6_5 /  Vdd          / RAW 3.3V   vermelho - red
DIN6_6 /  Vss          / GND        laranja - orange

G27_to_TH8A.ino

cable.jpg

On 9/21/2018 at 12:24 PM, MakeyneGT said:

Hello Steve, thank you very much for replying, I believe there may be some incompatibility between the code and the steering wheel. It is as if the steering wheel did not receive the commands. I'll leave my code attached. Soldered the wires in the wrong order?

DIN6_1 /  nothing      /
DIN6_2 /  I2C-SCL      / A5   azul forte - dark blue
DIN6_3 /  /Shifter ON  / GND   azul fraco - light blue
DIN6_4 /  I2C-SDA      / A4    branco - white
DIN6_5 /  Vdd          / RAW 3.3V   vermelho - red
DIN6_6 /  Vss          / GND        laranja - orange

G27_to_TH8A.ino

cable.jpg

(What type arduino do you use?) leonardo i see. Leonardo A4, A5 is not i2c port. Leonardo has two i2c port, do you take notice wich port do you use? 

First, try much more less complicated program.

Use serial debug. 

Do you understand th8a communication? 

Are you familiary g27 shifter hardware? 

I think don't you need g27 butons handle in your sketch. TM TX can't use them. 

In your sketch Where do you send i2c data to the base? 

Steve

Edited by VSteve
My mistake

On 9/23/2018 at 6:03 PM, VSteve said:

(What type arduino do you use?) leonardo i see. Leonardo A4, A5 is not i2c port. Leonardo has two i2c port, do you take notice wich port do you use? 

First, try much more less complicated program.

Use serial debug. 

Do you understand th8a communication? 

Are you familiary g27 shifter hardware? 

I think don't you need g27 butons handle in your sketch. TM TX can't use them. 

In your sketch Where do you send i2c data to the base? 

Steve

Hi again Steve, I have good news. I managed to make the G27 Shifter work on xbox one. It was thanks to your suggestion.

In arduino Leonardo the pins ic2 are in 2 (SDA), 3 (SCL). Worked perfectly.

I'm still working on my sketch so it's a bit polluted. It is a hybrid adapter for Xbox One and Pc, PS4 (for gimx), so I need the G27 buttons.

I also made a setup so that it works as sequential as the Th8a.

Again thank you very much for the help.

Makeyne from Brazil

20180925_191859.jpg

21 hours ago, MakeyneGT said:

Hi again Steve, I have good news. I managed to make the G27 Shifter work on xbox. 

I also made a setup so that it works as sequential as the Th8a.

Again thank you very much for the help.

Makeyne from Brazil

Wonderfull! I'm glad to see, it's working you. 

Could you send me your code? 

I have a hydraulic E-Brake converted already to a seq shifter, but, would like to connect it to the shifter port on the t300 via arduino nano

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the sequential shifter connections ?  I have the INO file, and wiring diagram for the 6 pin DIN plug, but, I have no idea where I am supposed to be connecting the switches !

On 11/7/2018 at 1:21 AM, manxracer said:

I have a hydraulic E-Brake converted already to a seq shifter, but, would like to connect it to the shifter port on the t300 via arduino nano

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the sequential shifter connections ?  I have the INO file, and wiring diagram for the 6 pin DIN plug, but, I have no idea where I am supposed to be connecting the switches !

You can connect to anyone pin except for din plug. Just you need to correct ino file. 

Did you read this topic? if not do it.... 

Hi VSteve,

Yes, I have read through this post several times, but, I have not seen anything which answers my question. I am not good with code or programming, however, I am able to load a "ready to use" sketch, and have enough technical knowledge to wire up correctly, if I know what I am connecting to !  What I am looking for is an ino file that is ready to go and a wiring diagram showing me where I need to connect the switch wires.

Hi manxracer! 

Great thing you could use a ready sketch file to program. Soldering the next thing. I'm sure you can do it. 

Now, you will read a lot about i2c communicating. Because base communicating whit th8a on i2c port by shifter din port. 

Then read about arduino input, output pins. Also learn where is i2c port on your arduino. 

Next time you will download test.ino and do a test with your base and your arduino. (when you will fried your base, i'm sorry it's not my fault) 

Some smart boy did it, and he could use various shifter on xbox one. 

I got you all the communication what I sniffed from din port. Also a gave you a basic ino file. Connecting your hardware is your turn.

MakenyGT got you a very good sample, use it. 

Have a great day

On 12/15/2018 at 4:09 PM, alexxisr said:

Hello VSteve

I want to adapt my g27 shifter to emulate th8a as usb device

Can you dump usb descriptors from th8a, please?

Hello

I'm sorry alexxisr. I never used my shifter on usb port, I don't know where my usb cable. I only use it on my xbox. 

VSteve

Hello,

I did some tests using Arduino Leonardo and it was working very well. 

For next step, i tried to use the Arduino Leonardo (simulating TH8A) conected in Thustmaster SIM HUB, to use that simultaneously with TH8A Shifter.

However, after of the update of Thrustmaster TX and TH8A for the last version of firmware, i believe that someting was changed in the protocol communication to support Thustmaster SIM HUB connections.

So, Arduino Leonardo (simulating TH8A) doesn't works anymore. I was testing with TH8A_FX.ino dowloaded from this topic.

Someone could help me about that subjetc?

I dont have a sniffer to check the modifications in the TH8A protocol.

Thanks a lot.

Sebastião.

Hi Sebastião

Are you sure your board working well? 

Can anybody else accept that new firmware has new protocoll? 

I'm moving to another haus, so I don't have much time, to sniff the new firmware protocoll. Maybe on the end of febr. 

I hope it's only a loosing contact. 

But it's the time to sniff the TM hub and the handbrake protocoll. 

Br

Steve

Hi Sebastião! 

You are right. In a several hour earlyer I have been upgraded my TX base. (Was the v51, Now is the v54) Now my TH8A can't communicate with the base. 

And when I update TH8A's FW to the v27. It is working good. A made some analyse on the PS2 port here is the trick.

TH8A_fw27.thumb.jpg.9cdfec8e48841d5ea67b4e34d0ce47ca.jpg

There is a sended similar 14 Byte on every 250 ms.

And one more, I made some analysis TSS Sparco handbrake. There is a similar i2c data.  Try send out

02 0C 02 00 FF 80 81 80 81 00 00 00 00 00

02 0C 02 00 8A 80 4D 80 4D 00 00 00 00 00

02 0C 02 00 82 80 4A 80 4A 00 00 00 00 00

02 0C 02 01 17 7F 20 7F 20 00 00 00 00 00

02 0C 02 01 0F 7F 1D 7F 1D 00 00 00 00 00

Br 

Steve

Edited by VSteve