Gearbox connector on base
1 1

37 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have searched but not found anything on this.

I have a TMX wheel that I have connected to my Xbox One. Now I got hold of a marvelous Happ Controls 6 speed manual shifter and it would be nice if I could hook it up to the DIN gearbox connector on the base so it works like a TH8A shifter.

Is there any information on the communication between the TH8A and the base and how I can mimik this with a arduino?

You are wrong. I'm just share you both cable wiring. (you know th8a can connect to usb and to base too). Of course it's a digital communications, but really not USB type. Base are communicating to th8a's microcontroller by their Ra4 and Rc4 pins.

I think it's not so hard, bit not easy thing. May somebody will take some measurement on that pins. 

2 hours ago, Psycho Dave said:

Interesting. As far as I have seen of the shifter in manual mode it feels like it should be sending X and Y coordinates.

Yes, I tought this too. And look at the 5. Byte on H mode, there is the shifted gear.

Do you have arduino, and some push buttons? And a lot of testing time?

Very first TH8 Emulate TH8A_SEQ.ino

Is it working you?

Edited by VSteve

9 hours ago, VSteve said:

Yes, I tought this too. And look at the 5. Byte on H mode, there is the shifted gear.

Do you have arduino, and some push buttons? And a lot of testing time?

Very first TH8 Emulate TH8A_SEQ.ino

Is it working you?

If you shift to second does byte 5 change to 2?

I will get an arduino and start testing as soon as possible.

I have not written anything down but it is rather easy.

It is a 6 speed shifter that has four switches. The switches has one wire each and a common ground, so it is only five wires. One switch detects left, one right, one front and one rear. So it will give:

1 = left + front
2 = left + rear
3 = front
4 = rear
5 = right + front
6 (or R) = right + rear

I picked up a mini pro but I can't get my AVRISP MKII to work with Arduino, seems to be a known problem that was unknown to me.

OK that is enough :) I hope it hasn't prell, because now I don't want to eliminating, It will be your turn. I wanted to analyze the port because I hate TH8A seq mode, and I want to make a better seq shifter in about half year ago. When I found your post, I tought it is the time to buy my logic analyzator. :)  

I'm sorry I can't help you avrisp mk2, I'm just use a simple ftdi usb to serial interface. When I need to reprogram the fuse bits I use a raspberryPI. 

I hope you can found a solution to programming the chip.

The sketch what I uploaded yesterday has a litle mistake, it is just a mark, but you can't compile yet. I hope you can test it at least tomorrow, because it's very intresting for me.

Now I'm going to testing the H mode, and make some 5+R gear mode.

4 minutes ago, Psycho Dave said:

I have done some testing now and I don't have any 10V on pin 6, not on any pin in fact and since i made a cable tu run the arduino of that it did not work. The question is why I don't have that.

Sorry, /0V, That is the GND. 

4 hours ago, BattleGear said:

show us some pic of the shifter dave!!!

That is a Happ Controls 6 speed manual shifter connected to the Thrustmaster TMX base. So he can use on Xbox One. It is working by an arduino board.

Sorry, but I am new to arduino boards.  Which one exactly did you order, seems to be sever types?  and the wiring?  Thanks  sorry for the noob questions, but I would love to give this a go!!

On 2017. 03. 21. at 3:40 AM, Bundy06 said:

Sorry, but I am new to arduino boards.  Which one exactly did you order, seems to be sever types?  and the wiring?  Thanks  sorry for the noob questions, but I would love to give this a go!!

It is in the beta release, so you will need to do some test, and read a lot about arduino.

What type wheels do you have?

What type shifter do you want to connect? Do you know it's wiring?

I will try to help you, but my engluischs isn't enough to give you a solution. And I am honest you, I don't want give you working cheap solution. It is on shop.thrustmaster.com.

But when you work hard and learn a lot, you will get that ;-)

Edited by VSteve

On 3/11/2017 at 1:20 AM, VSteve said:

Can anyone reattach sketch or upload it to the github? I'm planning to make H shifter with handbrake via standart din port and sketch would help me a lot.

hello VSteve and Dave

to start sorry for my bad english i'm french and i use google translation

I am very interested in your work I would like to know if it is possible to have the arduino code that you use waiting for your answer thank you in advance