Fanatec VS Logitech VS Thrustmaster
2 2

Fanatec VS Logitech VS Thrustmaster  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which wheel is the best one to get for a starter set?

• CSR-Elite Set ($250)
    • G27 ($150)
    • TX 458 Italia ($175)
    • Other

6 posts in this topic

Just getting into this hobby and looking for a decent and more importantly reliable set to test out the waters without breaking the bank. I have done alot of research into the different options but would like some personal opinions. 

Feel free to suggest other recommendations but I am trying to keep the cost around of under 300.

Wouldn't recommend used Thrustmaster as a lot of them have problems after about 2 or 3 years of use. At that price and if reliability and durability are your concern I'd recommend the G29 or G920, or a new Thrustmaster TMX with warranty, though the logitech pedals are better than the included thrustmaster pedals by a longshot.

Curious as to where you got that pricing for the TX 458 italia, unless that's a used option you have available to you.

TX/T300RS (same thing) blows away the G25/G27/G29.  I wouldn't bother with the old Fana CSL elite.  Get the new one but when in that category, then you can also look at the Fana V2, V2.5, and TM TS-PC Racer.

Im looking at getting the T300 Alcantara edition with the T3PA pedals as my first wheel/pedals purchase.I am going to spend a fair bit on a rig as that will future proof any purchases in the future being more stable and solid..DD wheel etc

Edited by GTR Racer

On 8/19/2017 at 4:59 AM, GTR Racer said:

Im looking at getting the T300 Alcantara edition with the T3PA pedals as my first wheel/pedals purchase.I am going to spend a fair bit on a rig as that will future proof any purchases in the future being more stable and solid..DD wheel etc

Spend a few more bucks and go with the ts-pc/ ts-xw or the CSL E, and a set of load cell pedals to go with it and you wont regret it.