Thrustmaster TX/ Xbox one problems

5 posts in this topic

So I haven't done much sim racing in awhile until about a month ago when started turning cold. Here recently i've developed a problem my Thrustmaster TX. It will not link with my Xbox one. every time i turn on my console the wheel dose one of two things. 1. turn the console on, lights on the wheel base come on, wheel calibrates, lights go off, then the wheel is completely unresponsive. or 2.(most common) turn the console,lights on the wheel base come on, wheel calibrates in one direction and keeps trying to calibrate until I unplug it from the wall, and the base is responsive but not the wheel.  Ive tried the USB reset on the console and updating the firmware on the wheel. Dose anybody have any suggestions??  

On 1/5/2017 at 5:48 AM, ao1977 said:

Hi there,

I remembered reading something similar before and found the thread at the project cars forum: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33885-TX-Wheel-total-loss-of-ability-to-calibrate

Meybe this helps.

Regards
Andreas

Thanks for the response, I just wished it would have worked. I tried the calibration software for like 12 hours. it kept making very small movements to the wheel. There was no way to tell if it was making in progress so i closed it out. Do you know where to get the thrustmaster wheel profiler? it no longer comes with the firmware updater. 

Edited by jbeck1234

This sounds more like a calibration issue where the wheel doesnt know where the center is. This happened to me when my girlfriend yanked the powercord on the base as I was in the middle of a race. The wheel became off center by about 135 degrees. There is a PDF manual online that shows how to calibrate it or center it, its a not-so straight forward procedure with several button combination pressed, no PC required though. It did fully fix it for me, however you shouldnt fully rule out a hardware issue. See if it works on PC, , make sure your not using a USB hub on the xbox to connect. Also try fully resetting your xbox and maybe try another USB port as well.