Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shift 2 on the PS3 serious control issue

4 posts in this topic

There is over a 1/2 second delay on the PS3 version of shift. I tried it with the GT2, 911S and the standard dualshock 3 controller. I have both versions of Shift 2 on the PS3 and 360. Just hit the rear view mirror but for reference. On the PS3 it takes nearly a second to pop up and go back to the standard view if you tap the button. On the 360 the response is instant. The 360 version has no delay at all and there is next to no wobble on straight always. On the PS3 you can all but guarantee you're going to crash unless you flex the wheel like Arnold.

I am a level 17 on both versions and I have basically put the PS3 version back in the box hoping Slightly Mad Studios patches this ASAP! I don't understand how this got past testing. Unless my PS3 is just going bad, but I seriously doubt that is the problem.

If you have a Fanatec and on both consoles, get the 360 version. If you have a PC than the choice is obvious, unless there are issues with that version I'm not aware of.

But thanks for the workout SMS. I didnt have to go to the gym today after playing the PS3 version all day long. Man am I tired.

I've heard of controller delays on the PS3 before, some claim it is the HDTV that causes the problem while others say it is a bluetooth problem. I have never seen this issue on my PS3 but I don't think it is just the game you mention.

I dont think it's bluetooth. I think it's using USB on the PS3 that causes it. SFIV has a similar issue on the PS3 but not quite as severe. It's very noticable with Shift 2 especially when comparing both versions of the game. It's really disappointing.

It's not the PS3 fault.

Both Shit 1 and now 2 have some serious input lag issue.

In NFS shit 1 they never addressed the problem and you can only pray they will fix it now.

I haven't had the time to check the new episode but do I hope they mentioned this.