G27 & ps4 2017
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Hi there. I'll get straight to the point first then add a little more information about my setup after.

1) is there any information yet if there is going to be any games compatible out of the box with the G27?

2) I'm aware there is a method or two regarding using a G27 with the PS4 i'd like to hear from people who have tried these methods and what results they had / or are currently using one of these methods successfully. I Wonder did updates or firmware effect there use in anyway? you get the idea

the reason i ask is i currently use a G27 for ps3 gt6 and more recently iRacing (so far refused to upgrade the wheel for ps4 use) i know the next best step within budget would most probably be a t300 but that comes with loss of shifter and a pedal sacrifice leaving me with the best option reluctantly (as i feel screwed by logitech) to go with a G29 and still be able to use my shifter. with the drawback then that should i decide to use the ps3 the wheel will then be seen as a DFGT and i have no shifter. not huge drawbacks but considering the wheel and pedals are bolted to my rig it would quickly become annoying to swap wheels for each system. That brings me back to the start and was wondering about compatibility or workarounds for the time being while prices drop so i could consider a better wheel ecosystem 

Get a Cronusmax dude ,, i reckon thats your best option ,,, probably best nipping over to the cronusmax forum and checking out how to set it up with ps4 but i think once you've set the cronus up it's plug and play ,,

As far as im aware the cronusmax fools the ps4 into thinking your g27 is a g29. 

Edited by stevemontuno

i looked into that but it comes to over £75 to get shipped and as with any adapter i look into i cant seem to get hold of anyone who says they have on and used it for months with no issues and so on..

1 hour ago, rDanny said:

i looked into that but it comes to over £75 to get shipped and as with any adapter i look into i cant seem to get hold of anyone who says they have on and used it for months with no issues and so on..

yep you need to go to the forum like i said dude ,,,, all your info and answers are there ,,, good luck...

http://cronusmax.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/329-CronusMAX-PLUS-Racing-Wheel-Support-PS4-Wheel-Edition

Hi, 

I was in the same boat. I refused to buy a ps4 and upgrade my g27 for a g29. I used to really like Logitech as a company. I have lost any kind of respect since the g29 (and g27 lock on the ps4) came out. 

The second I heard about the cronusmax plus, I pulled the trigger and bought it, along with a ps4. That was just 5 days ago. 

So far so good. It works with my g27. Of course, I can't reply compare it with the g29, as I have never used a g29, but the ffb looks like it works as it should. I get a few occasional disconnects, but apparently that happens when I plug in the cronusmax after the console has been powered on. I hear that I also need to disable bluetooth/wireless on the ds4 controller. I will experiment some more, but so far the disconnects are far and between, so no big deal.

The g27 works really well on project cars and drive club. Ffb seems a bit too loose on dirt rally, but I haven't messed with the settings yet (again, i've only had the console for a few days). 

With my limited experience with cronusmax, it may be too early to form a definite opinion, but for now I am very happy that I can finally use my g27 on the ps4.