Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fanatec adapter on Thrustmaster wheel

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Right now I have a G29, with the G27 shifter. I bought a Thrustmaster (will take some time ro receive it) T300 Ferrari Alcantara and the TH8A shifter.

The T3PA pedals that come with the kit doesn't seem to be better than the G29 stock pedals (which I have mounted inverted and like the way it is). So I wanted to keep the G29 ones. But I need an adapter.

I found the adapter above, that the seller says it's for Fanatec bases and Logitech pedals, but he does not know if it will work on Thrustmaster bases. It has a RJ connector, so maybe it works. Does anyone know?

Thanx.

Capturar.PNG

3 hours ago, Caple said:

Hello everyone.

Right now I have a G29, with the G27 shifter. I bought a Thrustmaster (will take some time ro receive it) T300 Ferrari Alcantara and the TH8A shifter.

The T3PA pedals that come with the kit doesn't seem to be better than the G29 stock pedals (which I have mounted inverted and like the way it is). So I wanted to keep the G29 ones. But I need an adapter.

I found the adapter above, that the seller says it's for Fanatec bases and Logitech pedals, but he does not know if it will work on Thrustmaster bases. It has a RJ connector, so maybe it works. Does anyone know?

Thanx.

Capturar.PNG

Hello,

No it will not work. This is for Fanatec base - RJ connector is different, ot Thrustmaster bases this connector is asimetric. But the problem is not RJ connector  - the wiring is complete different.

There is  proper adapter  from Trustmaster :

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/pc/db9-pedals-t-rj12-adapter.html

13 minutes ago, Krassi said:

Hello,

No it will not work. This is for Fanatec base - RJ connector is different, ot Thrustmaster bases this connector is asimetric. But the problem is not RJ connector  - the wiring is complete different.

There is  proper adapter  from Trustmaster :

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/pc/db9-pedals-t-rj12-adapter.html

Thanx for the info.

The adapter on Thrustmaster's website if out of stock for quite some time. I'll buy from Ricometech, instead.

Thanx again.

Just now, Caple said:

Thanx for the info.

The adapter on Thrustmaster's website if out of stock for quite some time. I'll buy from Ricometech, instead.

Thanx again.

Yeah, it is the same. Cheap and good solution.;)

Well... gonna hijack my own topic, as I could not find a direct comparison.

The G29 pedals have a brake mod and it's a little better than the G27 pedals. How about the T3PA pedals? Are they better than the G29 ones? Should I keep the G29 pedals and sell the new T3PA?

4 minutes ago, Caple said:

Well... gonna hijack my own topic, as I could not find a direct comparison.

The G29 pedals have a brake mod and it's a little better than the G27 pedals. How about the T3PA pedals? Are they better than the G29 ones? Should I keep the G29 pedals and sell the new T3PA?

There is no better way to be sure than to test 3TPA when they arrived and deside for yourself.:)

9 hours ago, Krassi said:

There is no better way to be sure than to test 3TPA when they arrived and deside for yourself.:)

Yeah, but I need to find some info about because my sister can bring the adapter from the US for me. And it will happen before I receive the wheel. And I don't want to buy it if I will end up not using it.

Gonna look for some comparison again.

5 minutes ago, Caple said:

Yeah, but I need to find some info about because my sister can bring the adapter from the US for me. And it will happen before I receive the wheel. And I don't want to buy it if I will end up not using it.

Gonna look for some comparison again.

You will find both oppinions. IMO 3TPA are better, but to someone that use G29 and like the pedals - the change can be unwanted. The adapter is cheap - you can always sell it to someone. Another thing is that it is better to have spare pedals .So if I am you - I will not be in a hurry to sell one of the pedals. But if keeping the G29 pedals stops the G29 from sale - just sale it with pedals, the 3TPA are good pedals.

I had the G29 for a short while.  The T3PA pedals are better if you get the John Bodin load cell.  I got rid of my MPPC pedals and only use the T3PA pedals now and I actually prefer this to the MPPC pedals.