Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shift 2 is terrible?

13 posts in this topic

I'm not sure what's going on here...but I've been messing with wheel settings for the past hour or so trying to get something the feels good enough to even play with! I've used the patch found on nogrip, used settings I've found else where, tried my own settings. I can't even seem to drive in a straight line or get around an easy turn without some horrible accident and sliding into a wall or sand!

I'm running it on the PC with CST pedals and a GT3RS V2 wheel. Is anyone else having these issues? When I first tried it, it felt like I was driving a car made of jello? Even after tweaking it got a bit better but it's still not right, Honestly I think something is very wrong with this game..... It's the worst driving experience I've ever had in a game period.

i got it going ok. putting the control mode on elite helped a lot. this was probably the biggest thing that made it driveable for me. I think all the assists were really screwing with the wheel.

my settings are 0, 100%, 0, 100%, 0 100% etc all the way down, then 100% for both driving and drifting radius. I have the minitire patch that was on race sim central yesterday installed too.

Ok tried those again and a tiny bit better although my wheel is swaying back and forth now....

Do you have a link for that minitire patch? I'm looking but can't seem to find it.

Edit: Nevermind, it's the minimod I think that's the same one I grabbed....

Well, after getting past the GT-R stage. I got the Focus RS, it was a lot better. Then I upgraded to an Audi S3 and it was actually decent after suspension upgrades.

And then I tried to drift.......all I can say is WHAT the HECK were they thinking releasing this game like this. Seems tons of people have issues with drifting with a wheel, some of which who drift on LFS, rFactor, and other games all the time. It is IMPOSSIBLE I can't even hardly get past the little trainers for it? You enter a drift and the slightest push of the pedal spins you out. I don't see how this part can be fixed? Apparently with a controller this doesn't happen?

Drifting is kinda impossible, yeah. But driving, i fixed my wheel, is a lot of fun now, have logitech DFP but try

http://www.mediafire.com/?jx0gzox6i1f2bi1

+

steering sensitivity 50%

brake and gas sens 100%

deadzones 0%

speed, drift sens 0%

450° race 900° drift

+

logitech profiler default settings (everything on 100%, including damper) and unchecked allow game to adjust settings - you have probably similar settings in your drivers, especially uncheck allow game to adjust settings =)

i have it on the xbox360 works perfectly with my GT2 when wheel set to 900 degrees. the force feedback is the best i have tried on the xbox still weak when compared to ps3 and pc games which i don't understand the xbox just seems to have a weaker force feedback built into it :(

The drifting was exactly the same on Shift 1. With a control pad it was easy, but with the wheel (G27) I had exactly the same issues as you're having. Seems they haven't changed much since the first game in that respect. Shame really, as its the only game I've seen on current gen consoles with Bathurst and I loved this track in previous Toca games.

All I know is I tried gettin 1:1 wheel with no input delay with my T500RS, G27 and GT3RS wheels on the PC and after 4hours of messing around with settings I could not get a responsive wheel out of the game.

Shelved for me for the time being. Absolutely ridiculous.

I have been wrestling with the wheel settings for since the release and got something decent just last night. I use GT2+CST

1. FWD seems to be easier on the wheel, however, if you want 1 setting that is going to work for you, use a light RWD car such as Cobra 427 or Caterham. If you set the wheel to work for one of these cars, then it will be so smooth for FWD like you can't believe.

2. I cannot confirm this but the tires seems to be following the crown of the road so at high speeds the car 'wonders' left and right with increasing amplitude until you lose control. It is very annoying and trying to keep the car going straight has never been this difficult.

3. What I did to counter the car swinging back and forth on the straight was to use "10" on GT2 wheel LINearity setting on the wheel. I don't usually touch this setting as I want full 1:1 input to output but for Shift 2, adding a bit of 'insensitivity' to the wheel corrected the problem for me. I left Shift FFB settings at their default values.

Doing this made the game from annoyingly frustrating to sublime heaven where I felt that I was in full control of the car like never before. Once you have the Cobra/Caterham handling to your liking, switch over to a FWD or AWD and it will feel like a different car.

I installed the MiniMod and set all sensitivities to 100, and deadzones to 0. I set the wheel to 360 degree's (on the wheel) and that was about it. The GT-R at the beginning was still barely usable, but after getting a new car it was actually ok. Not right still, but usable and enjoyable at least.

For my G27, I set it up in the game as ISR described, but on the profiler, this seemed to help--mainly have the profiler handle it and unchecking "let game make adjustments".

105%

25%

35%

0%

360°

All checked *except* for combined pedals and let game make adjustments.

That said, I'm back to Shift 1 for a while. Simply better (modded), prettier and at a framerate that doesn't kill it.

I hope they patch this soon.