Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for fellow senior (over 55) members here....

12 posts in this topic

I am new to ISR, and while I hope to get to know many others here, I am looking to see how big of a community of seniors there are.

So, let's here from anyone out there who doesn't mind being referred to as a 'senior'...

For the record I am 66 and spend about 20 hours a week racing and working on Project Cars! Getting better faaaast!!!

ps: if there already is some sort of senior sim racing club or such out here, please let me know!!!

Thanks, everyone.....

Hey Skip,

I am also a "senior" 65 years old and love to race 5 to 6 hours a week.  It's nice to know that there are other kids my age out there enjoying this hobby.  I am NOT very good but enjoy racing and tinkering with all the settings and such.

Maybe we could start a 55 and over league sometime......

Hi Guys,

I am 60 here, race about 8 to 10 hrs maybe more depending on the "Honey Do List"!  I am mostly on iRacing now, trying to race clean and figure out which series to run to increase my license and be more competitive. I also have "Race Room" and "Assetto Corsa"

Years ago when I was racing Legends Cars in the real world I raced in the "Masters" division, (over 40), then "Golden Master", (over 50).  I guess it is time for "Silver Masters".  Just remember, It may be gray but at least I have hair!

10 hours ago, Dennis Johnson said:

Hey Skip,

I am also a "senior" 65 years old and love to race 5 to 6 hours a week.  It's nice to know that there are other kids my age out there enjoying this hobby.  I am NOT very good but enjoy racing and tinkering with all the settings and such.

Maybe we could start a 55 and over league sometime......

Hey Dennis...yeah, I was thinking that a league or club of oldie but goodies would be fun! There are 3 replies here so far....let's see how manywill show up here, and go from there..

How about it, Gene and Morane77 (real name??)...you interested in getting something organized??

My email address is: [email protected]

Anyone who is interested in starting a club within ISR, feel free to write me there...I can compile a list over maybevthe next month and get back with you all.....

Skip

Skip, I have raced on various racing games somewhat over the years but have recently purchased a Thrustmaster TX Leather racing wheel and pedals and a TH8A shifter that I have modified.  Also have a new cockpit ordered that should arrive on November 1 with a triple monitor stand.  Will be buying a brake load cell for my pedals soon, as well.  Also doing some research on a Buttshaker system for my new cockpit and a hope to add a real racing wheel setup to my wheel base next year.

Hi Guys,

I'm 61 and love SIM racing. I am not that fast but, I am a clean racer. I run in VR only in  Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and R3E. My preference is Sports Cars and Touring Cars.  My availability is about 6 hours week.  My Steam name is Scorpean.