Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want to try Race Sim,But with PSVR?

4 posts in this topic

I just picked up a PSVR the other week,and Played driveclub or something and thought it was pretty fun,,But using a regular controller just killed the experience. So I go looking into a steering wheel and seen all the great things they have out for race sims,seats and different wheels,pedals,Etc. Didnt really know it was this big!

So I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on what direction to go in,Everything seems so pricey,Looks like a thrustmaster wheel will run me around $350,Then I can add on shifters and clutches if I want later. The one I seen is a Thrustmaster 300rs for ps4,Think thats the best way to go? Im not sure about a seat,Might just wait to see if this is for me before I go all out,But anything decent that I can make myself to get me through till I decide if I want a seat or not?

Or should I just look to buy a set up used,Just did a quick craigslist search and seen a local seeling a playseat "nascar edition" with a logitech G29 Wheel shifter and pedels for $575.00 OBO. 

Im just feeling it out,Let me know what you think,Thanks!

Thrustmaster T150 is $200 if you want to invest the minimal amount to see if you like it.   You can clamp it to a desk or table and race from there since you are using PSVR.  Or even invest in a wheel stand and race from your couch with the wheel and pedals.  

Is the force feedback the same on both model? I just looked up on amazon real quick,Looks like there is about $180 price difference between the t150 and t300. Looks like you can add clutch and shifter to the 300,,Im assuming you cant to the T150?

I wouldnt care about changing steering wheels,,Not sure I would be adding clutch/shifter,But I would like the best feedback and It also mentioned,the T300 had upgradable firmware,That seems pretty important if I plan to keep it down the road?

Great site....Seen DIY race rigs,,Looks fun and cheaper to build yourself. The wife is going to love this new Money Pit,,,,I mean Hobby!