Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Fanatec the only stand alone pedal manufacturer?

13 posts in this topic

I'm looking around and I see loads of wheels by various companies, but only Fanatec has the clubsport which you could mount with any wheels (pc). Are there anymore pedal manufacturers like Fanatec and a price that does not exceed $200?

There are others but the prices are way higher. I can't remember the names at this time since when I seen the prices I forgot about them instantly as being the Rich Man's pedals.

For the price, it would be very hard to beat Fanatec's Clubsport pedals, they are quite good. They are drop dead gorgeous for one thing, but the level of adjustability (especially if you get the optional Clubsport tuning kit) is unreal, the load cell brake feels great (I've used a G25 for 3 years) and overall, these pedals are a great buy for the money.

I had a slight problem with mine, Fanatec sent me the parts I needed to make my pedals work as they should so I'm a very happy camper. I love these pedals. :)

I've not started tweaking them yet and haven't installed the Tuning Kit but might mess with that when I'm on summer holidays in July. Right now, at stock settings (other than reversing the block on the gas pedal) I'm quite happy with how they feel and perform.

Oh yeah, I've had mine for almost a month.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

Like catapult i also ordered Clubsports with tuning kit but i didnt install tuning kit yet cause they simply feel great from stock.But anyway its good to have some spare parts and lubricants.I should mention that i got this pedals at the beggining of 2011 and they have some small improvements from previous versions.First thing i noticed is that gas and clutch sensors are now protected with like small steel boxes with screws and bushings are made of brass now not plastic from stock so no really use of those in tuning kit which is great cause i suppose those parts would be hard to mount.My point is dont look any further this pedals are great and high quality,the only flaw i see is that open wires which could be problem for less cautious people.I really dont know how they could be better and the best proove for this is that i have tuning kit available but i had no desire to install it yet cause they work perfectly for me this way allready.

You paired yours with the DFGT right? At £175 is a lot of money-could almost buy a new ps3/xbox 360, midrange DX11 graphic card and about half a smartphone cost :mrgreen: (all I don't have yet).

Do you know how long between ordering and getting the pedals? I'm in UK, so I'm guessing it should be faster compared to US.

Yea i paired them with DFGT and i better dont tell you how much higher price it gets when you import somethin to Croatia :D ,but thats the way it is.For me new ps3 and xbox360 wouldnt mean anythin i simply dont need that.You shouldnt look at things that way cause someone else will tell you hey for that ps3 you could buy a trip to Paris.Simply we buy what we need and what we like so i think you should first ask yourself do i really need expensive pedals or maybe new ps3 will be more useful to me?Its like eating desert instead of main meal.

They came in Croatia in about one week with UPS, than few more days to sort out the taxes.

Regards from Croatia

I don't need a PS3, cause all my games are based on the PC. I do need a mobile phone, though hoping someone will give that as a birthday present :mrgreen:

I'll wait for a while before committing on this. Need to see if my ATi 4770 HD can handle Shift 2 or if I need a newer card.

I've just got my GT3RS & Clubsport pedals, ordered last Friday and arrived on Wednesday, so that's three days delivery really. Very impressed with the build of everything the CS pedals weigh a ton :D

lol yeah the CST's aint cheap.Ive been sim racing since the mid 90's and have a small museum of associated equipment I've accumulated over the years.

At $200 the clubsport pedals are one of the best deals in sim racing.I paid almost as much for my SST shifter.I could have paid $200 for either the perfect pedal for my G25 or the load cel kit for my TSW2 but got the CSP for the same price.

As far as the warranty service goes they replace parts or whole controller if necessary they are just in no hurry to get it done.It seems 1 person does all the work.The pedals are build well with not much to go wrong and I've not heard of too many issues with them.