Complete wind simulators and kitsets for sale
4 4

44 posts in this topic

Thanks

I have made it all the way to the bottom of the South Island, driven 2,445km (1520 miles) so far. Totally amazing roads and tons of really fun driving.

Did the first track day at Teretonga park race track in Invercargill.

Awesome track. Had a real blast. I'll post some videos when I get home. 

Here are some lap times.

Image-1%201_zpsziefasyl.pngImage-1%20Medium_zps2oisqifb.png

Finished my second track day at Highlands Motorsport Park.

Really amazing track! really long at around 4km with 22 corners, it is not a very fast track but it is really technical. I was even popping up on to three wheels coming under the bridge.

I am really glad that I practised this in VR because it is confusing as anything. Heaps of people struggled with knowing which way to go but as I had practised it so much then it translated pretty well. I improved by about 4 seconds from my first session to my last session.

It is NZ's newest track and it is really flash. Had so much fun. I have a couple more days of driving, and then the last two track days.

Here are some times

IMG_5343%20Medium_zps0dirjvu0.jpg
IMG_5345%20Medium_zps6pwchynq.jpg

I have made it back from my epic road trip around New Zealand. Back to building wind simulators now!!

It was a truly awesome trip. 4,807km, 15 days, 4 track days, stopped in at another 2 tracks on the way to watch other racing. 

After racing on all the tracks, I would say that Ruapuna was my favourite to race at, because it suited my car the best, but Highlands was the one that I was most looking forward to, just because it is such an amazing track.

My car went almost perfectly, snapped a throttle spring at Highlands (I run dual throttle springs for just such a event)

Cracked my alternator front housing at Levels, duct tape and cable ties couldn't quite fix it but I got a new one out on a sub 60 courier and was up and racing for the afternoon sessions.

IMG_5390_zpsqknv56z0.jpg

I also broke my steering wheel on the last session at Ruapuna, lucky it was the last track. For those of you who say you don't need the power of an Accuforce or OSW, you should try racing an old car with no power steering. My arms were killing me by the end of the track days.

IMG_5399_zps5iay4ecr.jpg

But other than those small problems the car went really well, not bad for a 43 year old car.

Some lap times for the last 2 track days.

Timaru (Levels)

IMG_E5424_zpsoprd9pdh.jpg
IMG_E5425_zpsxijqdhmr.jpg

Ruapuna

IMG_E5427_zpsg71ppcch.jpg
IMG_E5428_zps3knpuf7u.jpg

And some videos of the final two tracks

Timaru (Levels)

Ruapuna

Hey everyone!!

Just a little life update. I am going to be having Gastric Bypass surgery on the 10th of July, so I will be out of action probably for a few months while I recover.

As such, I will not be taking anymore orders for wind simulators until after I have recovered fully.

I just want to say a huge thanks to everyone for their support over the years and I look forward to getting back to racing and building wind simulators once I have recovered from surgery, I will update this post when I am out of surgery. 

Just a Good luck and best wishes for today from the uk mate!

Im interested in a wind kit shipped to uk when youre match fit, do you do a diy kit?

My postcode is PE11 3XB. Gives us a shout when youre well, and once again good luck and best wishes mate!

Thanks,

Phil.

Thanks guys

I had the surgery yesterday and am recovering in hospital. Everything went really well. I hope to get out of hospital on Sunday if all things go well. 

Still a long road of recovery ahead of me. 

Thanks for all your well wishes 

Phil. Yes I do a diy kit but it will probably be a few months before in am back in action 

sure mate no rush, that was a side request, more important is your health. Glad it all went well, I really enjoyed the NZ tour buddy! especially Rauapanuananuan park, damn i love that circuit! my old man had an avenger back in the 70's and when we lived in germany he had summin very similar called a plymouth cricket with a black vynil roof in bright green.

oh my god, i never knew until now that it was an avenger, they called it a re-badged disaster.

learn something new every day! i hope im entertaining you with my brit wit whilst youre laid up mate, all you need now is krassi to throw in a few comments and we got a hospital party up in heyare!

Edited by fil140

1 hour ago, fil140 said:

oh my god, i never knew until now that it was an avenger, they called it a re-badged disaster.

learn something new every day! i hope im entertaining you with my brit wit whilst youre laid up mate, all you need now is krassi to throw in a few comments and we got a hospital party up in heyare!

LoL. btw it is great that the World Cup is now... so, drinking Coca Cola nd watching those great battles makes things acceptable!;)

Yes. The Plymouth Cricket was the USA version of the Avenger. It flopped because they released it in 1971 back when oil was cheap and Americans didn't see the point of small economical cars, everything had to me a large American V8!! They stopped selling the cricket in mid-73, just months before the oil crisis in October 73, if they had of just held on for another year then it could have been really popular as Americans switch to smaller cars as the price of gas when up. Also the name and logo didn't help, Avenger is demonstrably better than Cricket

Like this the logo

k50t5l.jpg

And check out a brochure from 1971, https://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/brochures_1971_plymouth_cricket it was totally marketed towards the flower child hippy type of people so you could see how your average USA customer would see it. So yeah, it bombed hard, wrong time, wrong place, wrong name and wrong marketing. The Avenger was sold all over the world in tons of different names. It is infact one of the most rebadged cars ever, we did a count up on the Avenger forum and it was something like 20 different names. In most places they were manufactured from 1970-1981. Argentina changed the name to a Volkswagon and kept making them until 1990. And in Iran, they were still using the Avenger engine up until sometime in the 2000's.

Anyways, another surgery update

Thanks guys!! I am back at home now!!! Enjoying my fluid only diet for the next 3 weeks!! Then on to Pureed food for another 3 weeks!!

The good news is that this op really works, When I started this journey back in September last year I was 167KG. My weight on the morning before the op was 138KG, so I lost 29KG pre-op to make the operation safer and easier on my body, I just did this via diet and exercise, and a lot of hard work. Today, 5 days post op I am 134.5kg and dropping fast, especially now that I am out of hospital and can start back at walking and working towards getting back in the gym, like I have lost 1.5kg since yesterday!!!

That rate of weight loss will change as I reintroduce pureed food, then finally soft food, but then my focus will shift from healing to going to the gym and working the rest off.

It should take be about a year to lose most of them excess weight, but I can't wait for the healing phase to be done so I can hit the gym again. For about the first 6 weeks, it will just be walking and light workouts, then I need to get clearance from my doctors before I can start doing heavier stuff, probably about 2-3 months until I can start lifting weights etc.

But yeah, now the hard bit begins!!

mate thats brilliant news, im sure we're all glad to hear iy and very proud of you. i hit 130 kilos in 2015 so did the atkins diet from september to xmas and got down to 95 kilos...but it was tough, not as tough as a normal diet and excersise but none the less still tough, i have of course put it all back on through silly eating habbits but im planning to get back on it this month. I hope you manage to stick with it mate, unlike me! strong positive mental attitude and positive people around you helps no end.Bikini pics at the end mate?

thanks for the cricket info, my dad served with a lot of american soldiers and played basketball so i reckon he bought it from one of them.