Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shift 2 works with Thrustmaster T500 RS on PC?

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

I am European and get the game tomorrow. You in the US have the game since yesterday. Can you tell me if the t500 rs wheel works with shift 2 unleashed? With ffb?!

It worked in shift 1 but on gtplanet there are some people saying the wheel is not detected by the game?

So, does it work?

Thanks

Well I just installed shift 2....on pc...i own the t500 rs....ATM im waiting for the puppy to fall asleep and ill hop and give it awhirl and update you (Have to wait for him to sleep cuz its hard to keep a watchful eye on him and race)...also (crosses fingers) gunna try and mess with game config file to adjust resoltion for 3 monitors. Recently I been playing the original shift with the t500 on pc and works fine 3 monitors and FFB...I will try an update you yet this morning

well....I got a chance to mess around for a little bit...I took the first 2 laps it makes you do in the beginning...I definitely had ffb however I didnt play with it extensively...I then went too map buttons and either im tired or its really asinine but I could not under any of the configs use or map my h shifter (act labs seperate usb). All the buttons on the t500 have the ability to be mapped. I also could not, in the short time I tried, get 3 screens to work like you can in the original shift by adjusting the resolution in the game config file in windowed mode. I will have to work on that or softth tommorrow as I am spoiled now and dont particulary want to play the game unless I have 3 screens. And if not I will have to wait until until I can swing another 580. Anyhoot, if I have a stroke of ingenuity or luck rather I will update....Happy racing.

Blink

Tested the T500 RS now with the PC version of Shift 2 Unleashed.

It works great! Force Feedback is strong, nearly as strong as in iRacing imo. (Configured the wheel with these settings: FFb effects 100, steering deadzone 0, steering sensitivity 60, throttle deadzone 0, throttle sensitivity 80, brake deadzone 0, brake sensitivity 60, clutch deadzone 0, clutch sensitivity 100, speed sensitivity 0, speed sensitivity drift 0, steering lock 50 % (450° - in the thrustmaster setting menu wheel is set to 900 °), steering lock drift 100 %. I took the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel configuration with H-Pattern.

I am very happy with it, the game has by far the best graphics I have ever seen in a racing game!